US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Trader Pat

Naffman wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:32 pm
Yes a Republican has no chance without Florida...I know you don't like Rasmussen but an hour ago they put Trump up 4pts there.

Those battleground states he's added a lot of registered voters since 2016 compared to the democrats, especially this year where I think the Dems stopped going door to door due to covid...so I think he wins them by bigger margins which he has to really as they were very slim last time.

Texas and Georgia are key ones too, polls show a tie but I still reckon he holds them.
Yeah he seems to be winning in the number of registered voters he's added, be interesting to see how much difference that makes.

He should hold onto Texas and Georgia but according to the betting market its not a lock. 1.36 for Texas and 1.62 for Georgia. Hard to imagine a democrat winning Texas though, the last time it happened was 1976.

Whatever happens it will be a fascinating watch, I'll have beer and popcorn at the ready!
Naffman

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:55 pm
Naffman wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:32 pm
Yes a Republican has no chance without Florida...I know you don't like Rasmussen but an hour ago they put Trump up 4pts there.

Those battleground states he's added a lot of registered voters since 2016 compared to the democrats, especially this year where I think the Dems stopped going door to door due to covid...so I think he wins them by bigger margins which he has to really as they were very slim last time.

Texas and Georgia are key ones too, polls show a tie but I still reckon he holds them.
Yeah he seems to be winning in the number of registered voters he's added, be interesting to see how much difference that makes.

He should hold onto Texas and Georgia but according to the betting market its not a lock. 1.36 for Texas and 1.62 for Georgia. Hard to imagine a democrat winning Texas though, the last time it happened was 1976.

Whatever happens it will be a fascinating watch, I'll have beer and popcorn at the ready!
I agree, I just want to know if I've been barking up the wrong tree or not :lol:
Trader Pat

Naffman wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:24 pm
I agree, I just want to know if I've been barking up the wrong tree or not :lol:
The way this election is going you could be right and wrong!

One or the other could be projected the winner on election night only for it to be turned over a few days later when all the mail in ballots are counted! :D
Emmson

The last 30 mins there has been plenty of activity in the market and lots of hefty backing and laying going on.

I would be very surprised if Yanks and their $ aren't involved in this market somehow.
Derek27

I'm only half-listening to Sky News but I heard Trump has the full support of the leftovers of the loonie Moonies. :lol:
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:01 pm
Conspiracies' everywhere! :D

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... n=sharebar
The crease around her jaw when she smiles in both photos looks pretty unmistakable to me!
jamesedwards

It's clearly her.

Getting seriously worried about the amount of conspiracy crap floating around social media now. It's getting stoked by the gutter media too as it's driving them clicks.

The world is getting more depressing day by day.
Derek27

I heard DT was replaced by a robot for the last debate!
decomez6

Hey all,

‘CareFREE ‘ TRUMP looses to ‘loosing JOE’
‘ IT IS WHAT IT IS’
I am now convinced trump has now accomplished his accidental presidential ambitions. He was surprised when he won the last elections against ‘crooked Hilary’, it was ‘Holy than Thou OBAMA’s ‘birth certificate that gave us Trump and ofcourse famous OBAMA mike drop on the dinner party where trump was reduced to a laughing stock.

Trump won by a very thin margin , mostly Due to black voter epathy hence low turn out and the undecided voters that are always looking for a change every 8 yrs.
He has worked very hard to ‘ANNOYING’ the very thin margin he needs. He is doing it deliberately!!
He doesn’t want to do the job any more!! cleaning up the mess of corona A virus AFTERMATH economy. Let OBAMA deal with it.Yes! Not Biden.
This is always about the third term for OBama.

He is sorted, invested in the right’ MONEY FLOW’ and he has definitely used the insider’s information to invest in the right DIRECTION. After all he is the leader of the best intelligence in the world.
He easily took over the Republican Party , America and the world! He has given the party value for thier money ! Done this by getting three conservative judges on the Supreme Court ‘ thanks to MITCH the grim ripper’.
and big tax cuts for the rich ( including himself) .
It’s a SYMBIOTIC relationship.
He has also shown his base supporters how to deal with CORONA, and soon he will sign a big Fat cheque for them courtesy of ‘ Crazy PELOSI’ relief stimulus bill. Each cheque carry his signature on the front . If this is noT voters bribery ? Then What is?
I am fully convinced that his base will vote for him and in record numbers !! But I think they will be :
—-..TRUMPED...—...
By The number of people looking for NORMALCY.

GOOD LUCK everyone.
channel below is helpful.A lot of good data.

https://youtu.be/0_hCmAkrv1U
Naffman

I guess that's why Trump at most rallies keeps saying "How can I lose to a guy like that - the worst presidential candidate in history".
Naffman

Naffman wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:16 am
I guess that's why Trump at most rallies keeps saying "How can I lose to a guy like that - the worst presidential candidate in history".
He thinks he's running against George Bush that's how bad he is, he is totally shot
decomez6

Naffman wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:16 am
"How can I lose to a guy like that - the worst presidential candidate in history".
Absolutely! 77+yrs oldest gaffe machine ,lost party presidential nominations twice.
Unable to defend his own fracking policies after taking days out to prepare for the debate!
Said he won’t answer a simple question on court packing until after elections , yet ended up admitting to have a plan to form a commission Of enquiry to achieve his hidden goal( waste of Tax payers).
There is no enough evidence to prosecute a case against his His son Hunter ‘crack’ Biden .
joe is in politics for 47 yrs and is not holding any public office ,as we speak the law allows him to use his connections to do business . Look at TONY Blair and David Cameron and most former presidents, they all use thier connections to make a living. Joe is not in any government office , he can do business with whom ever he wishes.
Trump broke the law by pressuring Ukraine to release dirt on Hunter and yet joe is not capitalising on that!
TRUMP deliberately gives him many open goals opportunities and POOR JOE keeps missing them.

Americans will vote him in , cos they are fed up with trump’s TV theatrics. Not because he is the Best.
TRUMP can then go back to where he came from, and watch KAMALA JOE-BAMA mess around with the CORONA economy.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”