Tagadab v BA VPS

The sport of kings.
BabyArber

Sounds cool.

I would like to know the pricing of the package - Betangel Server version on these new superfast servers.
Mr Dead

Ok thanks, I'll wait for the mail and go from there.
JayBee

Is this for access to Betfair via BetAngel software only or also any user written programs or a combination of the two?
Euler

It's predominately a VPS service, so once ordered you can do on it what you wish.
JayBee

Euler wrote:It's predominately a VPS service, so once ordered you can do on it what you wish.
Thanks for the information.

I've sent an email to Sporting Servers asking which programming languages they would support. No answer, as of yet.

I noticed somewhere on the site that payment is through a golf equipment supply company, which I find a little odd.

Jack of all trades?
Euler

I noticed somewhere on the site that payment is through a golf equipment supply company, which I find a little odd.
No idea where you got that from? Payment goes right through to us.
JayBee

Euler wrote:
No idea where you got that from? Payment goes right through to us.
The page is no longer there. Your website developer must have removed it, part of a previous job he cut and pasted to make designing your site quicker.
andyfuller

The website is registered to Peter so I wouldn't worry about the golfing company ;)
Euler

Sorry if you have experienced any problems this evening but no sooner do we soft launch than somebody decides to launch an attack on the server nodes. Coincidence?
panache

Euler wrote:Sorry if you have experienced any problems this evening but no sooner do we soft launch than somebody decides to launch an attack on the server nodes. Coincidence?
Nah just paranoia coupled with the usual snide snipes and overrated self importance. Besides I have a west London alibi for the best part of today and didn't even know about this until about an hour ago.

Cue the censor. :D
steven1976

Id agree its probably nothing but i wouldnt put anything past bf if they felt their monkeys were not going to have as big as an inplay advantage. They will probably just increase the time delays so they can sweep up money.
JayBee

I've always said (on blog and elsewhere) that the Betfair exchange is a dark pool, with one set of rules for them and another set for the non-shareholders.
The dog of ry

I have subscribed to the new VPS mentioned here for a month, to see if it increases my inplay speed. I just don't know how to connect to it, or know if i'm connected?
Should i just see my response #'s get lower? There doesn't seem to be anything obvious on the website, and I have emailed them 5 days ago, and no reply.... I feel I may have done my $$$ :?
Any help would be much appreciated
Euler

There is a single support ticket against your name. So I suggest you raise one.

You connect to the server via remote desktop, you were sent details of your control panel which contains details on the connection IP etc?
The dog of ry

Euler wrote:There is a single support ticket against your name. So I suggest you raise one.

You connect to the server via remote desktop, you were sent details of your control panel which contains details on the connection IP etc?
I just rechecked my emails, I got one which was a copy of the Invoice, and the other was just a link to the site.
I took note of all the IP addresses, username and passwords etc. I downloaded some software, but now I don't know what to do next.
Thanks, I will make another enquiry

Return to “Trading Horse racing”