Dobbing - Today's DOB's

The sport of kings.
BetScalper

And another one. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BetScalper

Im going to have a small dabble on Sherif in the 5.30pm at Goodwood.

Has good pace ratings from RUK and ATR with dob stats of 66%.

Not ideal as would like if > 70% but at 75.0 odds its a no brainer really.
BetScalper

And just to show that when you break your own rules then things can go tits up. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BetScalper

Please find attached DOBBING file. You need BA v1.50.1

You need to nominate a horse in guardian based on researching its dobbing/pace stats.

It will place a back bet with 20% offset and then look to green up the selection if its lay odds are < 2.0

Conditions:

- One second after the race starts
- Matched bets on selection = 0
- Unmatched bets on selection = 0
- Back price > 6 and < 20
- Back price now is < back price 1 seconds ago - 1 ticks
- Back price now is < back price 2 seconds ago - 2 ticks
- Back price now is < back price 3 seconds ago - 3 ticks
- Back price now is < back price 4 seconds ago - 4 ticks
- Back price now is < back price 5 seconds ago - 5 ticks
- Back price of the current favourite is > 2.0

The reason for the conditions above is to TRY and make sure our dob is going relatively well without having access to live tv pictures and that the favourites price is still > 2.0 meaning, they haven't won the race yet.

Obviously its not fool proof and there is no exit strategy, so be careful with what stakes you use etc.

Have fun,
napshnap

and then look to green up the selection if its lay odds are < 2.0
Did you take it into account that someone regularly puts 2.0 lays for a couple of grand and it may block your hedging bet if liquidity is poor?
RedBrain

BetScalper wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:26 pm
Great topic, actually. Hven't used any info as I prefer to find opportunities by myself, but for educational purposes - great.
The question to you - do yoy DOB your picks automatically or manually?

Since automation related to post time and there is always a delay between post time and real start time and "smart" money start to come into the market as horses are loaded into the stalls. This makes them "invisible" to automation rules. Also a lot of DOBs come from raised odds (actualy these horses win pretty often).
wearthefoxhat

BetScalper wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:26 pm

You need to nominate a horse in guardian based on researching its dobbing/pace stats.

It will place a back bet with 20% offset and then look to green up the selection if its lay odds are < 2.0

Conditions:

- One second after the race starts
- Matched bets on selection = 0
- Unmatched bets on selection = 0
- Back price > 6 and < 20
- Back price now is < back price 1 seconds ago - 1 ticks
- Back price now is < back price 2 seconds ago - 2 ticks
- Back price now is < back price 3 seconds ago - 3 ticks
- Back price now is < back price 4 seconds ago - 4 ticks
- Back price now is < back price 5 seconds ago - 5 ticks
- Back price of the current favourite is > 2.0

The reason for the conditions above is to TRY and make sure our dob is going relatively well without having access to live tv pictures and that the favourites price is still > 2.0 meaning, they haven't won the race yet.

Obviously its not fool proof and there is no exit strategy, so be careful with what stakes you use etc.

Have fun,
Thanks for info and it looks like it was another good day yesterday. Had a 6-way chop in the poker comp (+£2k) and we all flipped for the trophy and free seat for the next comp in October..and yes I won that. (championne...championne) So the run good/luck continues!

Talking with some of the poker players, a couple are trading on the side and the discussion/perspectives were all interesting and for the part, different. That's what makes this "profession" diverse and even if you told someone your exact way of doing something, they'd interpret it slightly differently and get another outcome.
wearthefoxhat

napshnap wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:40 am
Did you take it into account that someone regularly puts 2.0 lays for a couple of grand and it may block your hedging bet if liquidity is poor?
I did notice that on some, not all races. I initially put it down a trader who had a poor position pre-play and was "desperate" to get out and take any profit they could IP. If they are doing it on a regular basis, then it's something for sure, to take into account.
BetScalper

napshnap wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:40 am
It doesn't matter. At that point we are already at break even as the offset bet has already been matched.

I ran that trigger all day Saturday and got matched on the offset/hedged trades.
BetScalper

Not allot happening today, so will probably concentrate on my poker bot.

Have fun,
BetScalper

I have no idea why Kaths Lustre has odds of 40.0 given the dob stats.
JTEDL

BetScalper wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:16 pm
off topic I know, but out of interest please tell me more about the poker bot
jimibt

BetScalper wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:59 pm
i think quite simply- it was being *gamed*. probably settle back at 20 odds and DOB on 8-10 odds IP i reckon (mind you, could win as it's had 2 wins out of 5 this year!!)
BetScalper

JTEDL wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:40 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:16 pm
off topic I know, but out of interest please tell me more about the poker bot
Not sure I can post a link here.

Anyway, its based on HoldemBot, which is a framework, you then write your own code for every possible situation. Currently I have 86,000 lines of code for preflop and post flop. You then attach it to upto 10 tables and it plays automatically for you. Its decision process takes from 1 second to 8 seconds, this is in order to prevent the poker site from assuming your not a real player. I have it running on a dedicated machine with some other software to block the poker rooms sniffing tools. It runs on BF and 888 poker rooms. It also posts random chat, so other players also assume your a real player and don't report you to admin as a potential Bot.

Its not illegal but most poker rooms will close your account and seize all your money if they find out your doing it.
BetScalper

jimibt wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:47 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:59 pm
i think quite simply- it was being *gamed*. probably settle back at 20 odds and DOB on 8-10 odds IP i reckon (mind you, could win as it's had 2 wins out of 5 this year!!)
Whats *gamed* Jim ? :)

Sh!t its 25.0 now. Missed that. :(

Return to “Trading Horse racing”