Aussie markets...Australian VPS services??

A place to discuss anything.
PeterLe

Hi
I noticed last night that some of the Aussie Horse racing markets now go "In-Play".
Not sure if this is relatively new or it just that I havent noticed before...
A couple of questions:-

* Are there many "In Play" markets that we can trade using the "Australian Wallet" from the UK?

* I also notice that as I am logged in from the UK using "Australian Wallet"..not sure if this passes control over to the Betfair servers in Australia but response times are very slow...Does anyone from the UK use an Australian VPS service ??

Thanks
Peter
Brent

Our in play markets at the moment are limited to "Metro" meetings on a Saturday, or midweek Metro meetings, typically on a Wednesday.
There are typically 5 meetings on a Saturday going in play, and around 3-4 on a Wednesday. They are now classed as the "main" meeting per state. Best to check the in running page to see which meetings.
Also should be noted, that Victorian hurdle/steeplechases, are not to go in play, but other states (think only SA do them) will.

As for the VPS, I am not sure how much I can help you there. For me, I use one for International markets. The international server is in Malta, so I am led to believe that from Aus, that means all data goes through London to Malta, and even back through London before it gets to Aus. By having a VPS I limit that from just me to my Londond VPS to the London server.
I get around a 15ms ping from my server, but am still limited to the 700ms ping between here and my server, which is typical of what you would have trading these markets, however I am not sure if you go through Malta to trade Aus or not.
The Aus server is located in Hobart, Tasmania. So if you are looking for something, it is probably best if you look around that area.
PeterLe

Thanks for the reply Brent. Its strange how they route the data isnt it??
Anyway, think I'll concentrate on the UK markets for the time being
Cheers
Peter

Return to “General discussion”