Trading Illiquid Markets

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
johnboy

Hi
Can anyone please tell me why when trading in gaps in illiquid markets as in Peter's Betdaq video, he is so confident that because he is in a gap with the initial offset bet, the offset part of the bet will also get matched without the market turning against him

Thanks

John
xpaul

What video are you talking about? I've just opened my betdaq account so I would love to see it.
Lots of gaps even on liquid markets.
xpaul

BTW Peter is so confident in doing everything because his brain is at least twice the size of yours or mine so take this under consideration.
Euler

:lol:

In stable illiquid markets you can get to the front of the queue where there are gaps. This makes your job so much easier.
Photon

Illiquid markets occurs where there's lack of market participants and those that are present probably either want to back or lay in which case its more probable that it will go in one direction so even if you're ahead in the queue only one of them will be matched and not both. This might force you to close out your position at a loss worth more than few ticks of intented profit.

Its best to spot markets where back and lay bets are taking place within a tolerable margin.
Alpha322

Photon wrote:Illiquid markets occurs where there's lack of market participants and those that are present probably either want to back or lay in which case its more probable that it will go in one direction so even if you're ahead in the queue only one of them will be matched and not both. This might force you to close out your position at a loss worth more than few ticks of intented profit.

Its best to spot markets where back and lay bets are taking place within a tolerable margin.
Yes this is a big problem on US Markets, i only tend to participate in races that are liquid by £100,000 plus

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”