New user looking to automate placing four bets before a race over a rated price.

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
yianni_a

Hi there,

I'm new to Bet Angel, but I'm absolutely blown away and a little overwhelmed by the depth of the functionality.

Unlike a lot of you, I'm not a trader. I am betting a racing system, and would like some advice on the best way to automate the decision making process, and I thought MAYBE it's something people have done a million times before, so it doesn't hurt to ask.

Each race that I am betting in, I have between two and four selections that I'm considering backing, but only if I can back them above my rated price. If my rated price isn't available for one selection, I drop that selection, substitute a fifth selection in, and 'spread' the stake from that bet across the other remaining selections. But if I can't get my rated price on two or more runners, I want to kill the automation and pull out of that race.

I'm happy to pull the trigger on the bets about 2 minutes out from race time, but I'd like to automate some way of monitoring prices across the last 15 minutes, so that if something's steaming in, I'd like to pull the trigger on the bet earlier in order to (hopefully) lock in a higher price.

So in short, I'm looking at programming a bot that can:
(1) monitor prices in the leadup to a race
(2) place four individual bets maximum per race if certain price conditions are satisfied,
(3) hopefully at an optimal time considering market trends, and
(4) if the price conditions are not satisfied, firstly, substitute in another runner and if it happens again, can the race.

Is this simple/complex/commonplace? I genuinely have no idea as I'm so new to this, I just downloaded the software today, but I thought someone here might be able to tell me and hopefully steer me in the right direction.

Are there any 'off the shelf'ish automations, or is everyone programming them from the ground up in their garage like home computer developers in the 70s?

If you read this far, thank you for your time!
Yianni
Jamiethompson

I am after the same thing ,any luck with this set up ???
Jukebox

yianni_a wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:52 pm
Hi there,

I'm new to Bet Angel, but I'm absolutely blown away and a little overwhelmed by the depth of the functionality.

Unlike a lot of you, I'm not a trader. I am betting a racing system, and would like some advice on the best way to automate the decision making process, and I thought MAYBE it's something people have done a million times before, so it doesn't hurt to ask.

Each race that I am betting in, I have between two and four selections that I'm considering backing, but only if I can back them above my rated price. If my rated price isn't available for one selection, I drop that selection, substitute a fifth selection in, and 'spread' the stake from that bet across the other remaining selections. But if I can't get my rated price on two or more runners, I want to kill the automation and pull out of that race.

I'm happy to pull the trigger on the bets about 2 minutes out from race time, but I'd like to automate some way of monitoring prices across the last 15 minutes, so that if something's steaming in, I'd like to pull the trigger on the bet earlier in order to (hopefully) lock in a higher price.

So in short, I'm looking at programming a bot that can:
(1) monitor prices in the leadup to a race
(2) place four individual bets maximum per race if certain price conditions are satisfied,
(3) hopefully at an optimal time considering market trends, and
(4) if the price conditions are not satisfied, firstly, substitute in another runner and if it happens again, can the race.

Is this simple/complex/commonplace? I genuinely have no idea as I'm so new to this, I just downloaded the software today, but I thought someone here might be able to tell me and hopefully steer me in the right direction.

Are there any 'off the shelf'ish automations, or is everyone programming them from the ground up in their garage like home computer developers in the 70s?

If you read this far, thank you for your time!
Yianni
Technically yes it could do all those things but the learning curve would be quite steep to do everything and you would have plenty of niggles on the way - however much of what you want can be achieved on the dedicated Dutching screen of BA and is fairly intuitive to follow, only requires a few ticks to make and swapout selections, takes care of all the calculations using current or manually inserted price, has some useful extra functionality, lets you see what your outcomes and commitments will be and you get to press the button only when you're ready and it'll take care of the rest - its worth a look.
Jamiethompson

The dutching screen is not a auto bot but ? Correct me if I’m thinking of the wrong thing and it won’t monitor prices automatic
BabrakOhava

Sir babrak ohava here, how your bot will know what are rated prices for horses in a race?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”