Trade Greyhounds with Trap and Track Bias Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use on Greyhound markets.

The purpose of this bot is to show how you can quickly and easily configure rules to take advantage of trap biases on certain tracks and types of races, using a single automation file which can be applied to all the days markets with the minimal amount of individual rules within that file that will filter out the races and allow you to exploit multiple combinations of selection/race type choice with different track and trap biases.

For this example I’ve created an automation file that contains 2 rules, each will target different selections running at specified tracks and from specified traps.

The first rule will only Back the fav if it is running in Trap 1 at either Poole, Romford, Sheffield or Sunderland.

The second rule will Back any runner in Trap 3 but only if it the race type is an open race (OR) at the following three tracks Nottingham, Sunderland or Swindon

Actually a 3rd rule in the file but that’s just to green up the trade if the 2nd rule triggers.

These have been created just as starting example's from a quick look at the following site http://greyhoundstats.co.uk/
There are also many more similar sites you can use to help construct your own automated Track/Trap bias strategy.

How it Works

The first rule named “Back Fav if in Trap 1 at Selected Tracks” will place a £5 back bet on the fav 1minute before the start at the best market price.
It uses a ‘Relative Odds Condition’ to test its back price is lower than the price of the 2nd fav.

Note The Betfair row number Greyhounds are in relates to its trap number so if you want to trigger a bet on or test against the selection in trap 4 you’d apply the rule or point the condition at the selection in Betfair row index 4.

So effectively this condition configured in this way is checking the runner in row 1 (Trap 1) has a back price less than the 2nd fav (ie, the dog in trap 1 is the fav).

Its also has a ‘Text Comparison Condition’, here its looking for the market name to contain one of the text items, here I’ve included the names of the 4 tracks the rule is able to trigger on – if one of these names is not in the market title the condition won’t be satisfied and the rule can not trigger.

Note; you can add as many names as you want but if you found you were adding most or more than half for a rule you could configure the condition to look for names NOT in a market title.

The second rule named “Back ANY dog in Open Races in Trap 3 st Selected Tracks” will place a £10 back bet on the dog in Betfair row 3 (Trap 3) 5 mins before the start 1 tick below the best reverse market price (ie, it will jump in front of the existing waiting money to offer the bet at the best but highest price possible), it uses fill/kill so if it’s not matched after 4 seconds it gets killed (cancelled).

The rule will re-arm and trigger again 5 seconds after placing the previous bet (1 second after it may have been killed) and resubmit the bet 1 tick below the current best reverse price again.
It will continue to do this until there has been at least £10 matched.

To do this the first condition it uses is a ‘Market Text Condition’ to test the market name contains the text ‘OR’ (OR is the Betfair abbreviation for Open Race).

It then has another ‘Market Text Condition’ to test if the names of the tracks it is able to trigger on are contained in the market name.
The third condition tests the amount of back bets that have been matched, this is set to less than £10 (ie, the rule will be able to trigger and place a further £10 bet until at least £10 is matched).

The final condition is a ‘Number of Unmatched Bets’ Condition which is set as equal to 0, this is just an extra safety backup to prevent the rule from placing more bets if there is an unmatched bet still in the market (ie, in the event a previous bet isn’t killed for some reason).

The third rule in this file is a ‘Close Trade on Selection with Greening’ rule, it is armed to trigger 1 minute before the start time and will green up the selection in trap 3 (ie, this rule will only trigger if the 2nd rule has triggered and a bet has been matched on the runner in trap)

Filtering by Track

When adding any track names to the Text Comparison condition its important that you enter the track names in their abbreviated form as they appear in the Betfair market name (for example Sunderland always appears as Sund').

Below I've attached a worksheet listing the greyhound tracks and there abbreviated names.
Greyhound Track Names.xlsx

Downloading and Importing the Files
To use the file just click on the following Trade Dogs with Trap and Track Bias.baf' and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

Game Changer!!!
zhabou

Hi Dallas

Thanks very much for this.
sniffer66

Nice one Dallas
paspuggie48

Been exploiting for a while now and love it !!

Screenshot 2020-11-15 122018.png

Screenshot 2020-11-15 122850.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dropss81

Hello everyone

I've been trying to back Fav only if is on Trap 1-5.. Recently I've noticed that my rule placed a bet on trap 6 even in rule condition I mentioned not to be placed if name text contain "6.".. is any way to do that similar with stall draw because stall draw condition is not working on GH.. The conditions are only.. contains and end with text.. is no any "begin with" .. And what GH stats can you recommend.. websites.. Thanks.. I can't use stall draw/ Trap condition in stored value... On custom ranking what is starting price...BF starting price (BSP) or actual SP (ASP)
Dallas

dropss81 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:12 pm
Hello everyone

I've been trying to back Fav only if is on Trap 1-5.. Recently I've noticed that my rule placed a bet on trap 6 even in rule condition I mentioned not to be placed if name text contain "6.".. is any way to do that similar with stall draw because stall draw condition is not working on GH.. The conditions are only.. contains and end with text.. is no any "begin with" .. And what GH stats can you recommend.. websites.. Thanks.. I can't use stall draw/ Trap condition in stored value... On custom ranking what is starting price...BF starting price (BSP) or actual SP (ASP)
Easiest way is to use a 'Set/Modify Signal rule' applied to row 6
and set a signal
on selection

Then add a 'signal set' condition to your back bet rule
to test the signal on selection
is NOT set with a value
Eldog

Hi Dallas,

Thank you for posting the above file/bot.

I've been having a play about with the original file, however was wondering if you could advise where I can locate the track name abbreviations for any that are not included on the spreadsheet (such as Central Park, Pelaw Grange etc)? Do these now display as full names rather than abbreviations?

As always, thanks for your support.
Dallas

Eldog wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:59 pm
Hi Dallas,

Thank you for posting the above file/bot.

I've been having a play about with the original file, however was wondering if you could advise where I can locate the track name abbreviations for any that are not included on the spreadsheet (such as Central Park, Pelaw Grange etc)? Do these now display as full names rather than abbreviations?

As always, thanks for your support.
Just checked the latest sheet I have and neither of those are on it yet, I'll have to check if there's a newer one been published with them on

Not really sure why they aren't? its not as if either are new tracks
Eldog

Thanks Dallas, much appreciated.
CK2021

A couple of things.....

As an above post pointed out it looks like Betfair is using the full name now rather than an abbreviation or am I wrong here?

Secondly surely the second rule will back any runner in Trap 3 if the race type is an open race (OR) at the selected tracks including a non (OR) with 'or' in it's name such as Monmore, Crayford etc ?
Dallas

CK2021 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:48 pm
A couple of things.....

As an above post pointed out it looks like Betfair is using the full name now rather than an abbreviation or am I wrong here?

Secondly surely the second rule will back any runner in Trap 3 if the race type is an open race (OR) at the selected tracks including a non (OR) with 'or' in it's name such as Monmore, Crayford etc ?
I put a few random track names in as an example so its up to the user to define there own, I'm sure it will still work with just the abbreviations or you could just enter the full name to be sure

I'll have to double check your second question tomorrow, and probably do a few tests to be sure and get back to you
tommo

Does anybody know the Betfair abbreviated name for Suffolk Downs?
Dallas

tommo wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 11:50 am
Does anybody know the Betfair abbreviated name for Suffolk Downs?
The latest list I have here doesn't yet have Suffolk Downs added

I've had a quick look but can't see an updated one yet
tommo

Thanks Dallas,
I search myself but couldn't find them either.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”