RANT CORNER

A place to discuss anything.
Derek27

I'm supervising some automation and although I'm in practice mode I just can't resist clicking on the ladder when I see a manual opportunity. :lol:
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:09 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:06 am
How the fuck do screws, nuts, washers, etc. disappear into thin air when you drop them on the floor? You can drop one in the middle of an empty room and you still won't find it!!
It's happened again as I was changing my garden lightbulb!!

I got another screw out of my toolbox, put the cover back on, then just as I spotted where the screw landed the old lightbulb rolled off the step ladder. There's some sinister force at work that thinks "shit, Derek's found his screw, let's make him sweep up some broken glass instead"!!
Derek, did you put a mini metal detector on your xmas list ? :lol:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SUGERYY-Waterp ... 4646982682
Derek27

Just been into McDonald's since it's the last day they're open. A Polish bird came up to me and asked me for my name, then my number. :D

Unfortunately, we struggled to hear each other over the noise and mouth-coverings and had to stand really close-up. At least McDonald's has got everybody's phone number now so they can contact us all if she's given us Covid-19!
Derek27

My Christmas Day!

Popped out to empty the bins before cooking my Christmas dinner. Found a young woman in distress and on the phone to the police. Then a guy came running after her and she asked me for help, as this guy just attacked her. The guy buggered off and I invited her and her 3-y-o daughter into my flat and called the police again. Three police officers called round, after a lengthy discussion they decided to nick the guy who lived just around the corner, but only after backup arrived. It took 7 police officers to arrest a man as old as I am!

Spent the rest of the afternoon with this lovely lady [Kaf, I'm not bragging ;) ], but in the meantime, her 3-y-o daughter ran amock in my living room. Completely rearranged it. I had to move every small object of value out of reach, she opened a kitchen draw and helped herself to bags of crisps, dropping most of them on the floor. I had a 6-pack of small orange juice cartons, I gave her a carton of orange juice but she eventually opened all of them, drank a bit of each and spilt the rest on the floor, perhaps to wash away the crisps. I later found my landline phone in the kitchen sink and the contents of my coffee table behind the sofa! A whole hour to clean up afterwards!

Full respect to anyone who's had children - don't know how you managed for 18 years. :lol:
Derek27

I forgot to mention that she kept flicking the light switches. And 6 hours on I'm still struggling to find things around my flat!
Atho55

How tall was this 3yo or how low are your light switches? Do you live in a Wendy house?
Derek27

Atho55 wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:11 am
How tall was this 3yo or how low are your light switches? Do you live in a Wendy house?
A three-year-old can easily reach a light switch!
jamesg46

Did you break Covid guidelines? :roll:
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:08 pm
Did you break Covid guidelines? :roll:
It was an emergency. :)
jamesg46

It was just an half soaked attempt at sarcasm. I wonder how many people would of taken the Covid route out though and not helped her.
Derek27

4% of people in America would rather be blind than fat!!! :lol: :lol:
NickH

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:40 pm
My Christmas Day!

Popped out to empty the bins before cooking my Christmas dinner. Found a young woman in distress and on the phone to the police. Then a guy came running after her and she asked me for help, as this guy just attacked her. The guy buggered off and I invited her and her 3-y-o daughter into my flat and called the police again. Three police officers called round, after a lengthy discussion they decided to nick the guy who lived just around the corner, but only after backup arrived. It took 7 police officers to arrest a man as old as I am!

Spent the rest of the afternoon with this lovely lady [Kaf, I'm not bragging ;) ], but in the meantime, her 3-y-o daughter ran amock in my living room. Completely rearranged it. I had to move every small object of value out of reach, she opened a kitchen draw and helped herself to bags of crisps, dropping most of them on the floor. I had a 6-pack of small orange juice cartons, I gave her a carton of orange juice but she eventually opened all of them, drank a bit of each and spilt the rest on the floor, perhaps to wash away the crisps. I later found my landline phone in the kitchen sink and the contents of my coffee table behind the sofa! A whole hour to clean up afterwards!

Full respect to anyone who's had children - don't know how you managed for 18 years. :lol:
This kid could explain the anger of that lad :lol:
goat68

Thai Green Chicken Curry & Rice 380g (Serves 1), substituted with 1
- Quorn Vegetarian Cottage Pie Ready Meal 400g 1 (£3.00)

WHY?!
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:23 am
I forgot to mention that she kept flicking the light switches. And 6 hours on I'm still struggling to find things around my flat!
I've just cooked breakfast on the hob of my mini-cooker. When I finished I noticed the oven was mysteriously switched on!
jamesg46

You're gonna have to fit some child gates Derek.

Return to “General discussion”