VPS running slow.

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
Melsey

I am using BA version 1.27.3 on my VPS and it is running extremely slowly along with the internet explorer...

Is anyone else having speed issues with BA VPS?
Melsey

I closed down BA and logged off the VPS and then started it again, and all seems back to normal.

Has anyone else ever had a similar problem..? have had the VPS running for the last 12 hours, so was wondering if that was a potential problem..?
PeterLe

Hi Melsey
yes I get this sometimes too.
in fact if I leave BA running for a few days and just load the markets each day, sometimes it doesn't place the bets (very strange). I have more than one VPS so it not restricted to just. It switches to the markets, excel refreshes etc, but the bets dont get placed.

Every few days I shut BA down and reboot, just to clear out the cache etc..this always cures it
Regards
Peter
Euler

If you stay logged into Bet Angel for long periods Betfair will effectively log you out of the system and you will be unable to place any bets. They seem to timeout all active connections at least once a day. Not sure if this is at a specific time or after a period of inactivity. But, for example, you can't set up something at 9pm the night before and expect it to run automatically the next day.

Worth restarting a VPS from time to time if you have been busy on it.
Last edited by Euler on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melsey

Thank you both for your replies...

Had aa feeling there was something strange but not catastrophic going on. Will keep in mind for the future.

Regards,

Melsey
PeterLe

Euler wrote:If you stay logged into Bet Angel for long periods Betfair will effectively log you out of the system and you will be unable to place any bets. They seem to timeout all active connections at least once a day. Not sure if this is at a specific time or after a period of inactivity. But, for example, you can't set up something at 9pm the night before and expect it to run automatically the next day.

Worth restarting a VPS from time to time if you have been busy on it.
I understand; that makes sense now
Regards
Peter

Return to “Support”