I just subscribed to BetBotPro For Betdaq! I feel like a traitor!

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
InsideSix

Because I always thought BetAngel for Betdaq, even today, has a tonne of functionality. For free. Much more than BBP4BD has, if you think I terms of one click betting, green up*, dutching, guardian etc.

I noticed that when that dude from Betdaq was posting on the forum, the topic of BA4BD and what enhancements would be on the wishlist (if it ever was to be developed) arose and it was interesting to hear the different enhancements being suggested. Understandably their ideas seemed to match each person’s use case. I personally would welcome Nominated Selection functionality at some point, but I would say that because having this would really help me execute my strategy (liability laying specific horses) all day. Regrettably, with sooooo much summer racing it has become too many clicks. I mistakenly left the liability tag off a rule last week and nearly suffered 14 units!!! I need set and forget also. (And in fairness BA4BD probably not designed to be used like this) – but if BA4BD had Nominated Selection functionality I wouldn’t have…… defected……do you like that topical reference there????….I was rather pleased with it …..

But FEAR NOT!!!! I have not totally defected! I still rely on BA4BD for the fundamentals. It is a shame I cannot seem to run both softwares concurrently. Too many requests seemingly. I wonder if I can set BA4BD response time sufficiently slowly to prevent this?

I don’t know about other users but I would be prepared to pay a subscription for BA4BD. I would be prepared to contribute to its development even. I think it has been the spirit of Bet Angel from the start, and in fact, any successful software development – if you don’t invest (both money and belief) in the things that are going to get you there – how are you going to get there?

There you go some bonus philosophy at the end of this post

InsideSix

* I completely take it for granted today, as we all do, but I will never forget the day someone showed me green up functionality for the first time. I was astounded! Totally floored. It was like black magic to me. It was at the Docklands Exchange Room (the Bunker I think it was called) and I think all the terminals were using other software Software at the time. £5 a day or something. Maybe £5 a month. That day changed the course of my life. Not necessarily in a good way..
Fugazi

Struggled reading that I've simplified it:

BetAngel (BA) for Betdaq offers extensive free functionality like one-click betting, green up, dutching, and more, surpassing Bet Bot Pro. When Betdaq discussed potential enhancements for BA , these suggestions matched users' needs.

Personally, I need Nominated Selection to simplify my liability laying strategy, especially with the busy summer racing season. I nearly lost 14 units due to a missed tag, emphasizing the need for set-and-forget options.

Although BA can't run concurrently with other software, I still rely on it and would support its development financially.
lotora

Fugazi wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:10 am

BetAngel (BA) for Betdaq offers extensive free functionality like one-click betting, green up, dutching, and more, surpassing Bet Bot Pro. When Betdaq discussed potential enhancements for BA , these suggestions matched users' needs.

Personally, I need Nominated Selection to simplify my liability laying strategy, especially with the busy summer racing season. I nearly lost 14 units due to a missed tag, emphasizing the need for set-and-forget options.

Although BA can't run concurrently with other software, I still rely on it and would support its development financially.

Here's what ChatGPT came up with:

BetAngel for Betdaq offers extensive free functionality, surpassing BBP4BD in one-click betting, green up, dutching, guardian, and more.

When a Betdaq representative posted on the forum, users discussed desired enhancements for BA4BD. Suggestions varied based on individual use cases. Personally, I would welcome Nominated Selection functionality to improve my strategy of liability laying specific horses. Summer racing requires too many clicks, and a recent mistake nearly cost me 14 units. A set-and-forget feature would be ideal, although BA4BD isn’t designed for that use.

Despite these issues, I haven’t abandoned BA4BD and still use it for fundamentals. Unfortunately, running both softwares concurrently is problematic due to too many requests. Adjusting BA4BD’s response time might help.

I’m willing to pay a subscription or contribute to BA4BD’s development. Investing in and believing in the software is essential for success.

Bonus philosophy: Green up functionality was revolutionary for me. I first saw it at the Docklands Exchange Room, and it felt like magic. That day changed my life, not necessarily for the better.
Anbell

Fugazi wrote:

Thank you for your service.
Euler

Fugazi wrote:
This is a Betdaq restrictions, they limit the number of calls to the API, so if you run more than one piece of software you will run into problems.

Herein lies the contradiction: moving to another piece of software just means we are less likely to upgrade the Betdaq version. Not more.
wearthefoxhat

I used BBP quite a few years ago and noticed its been upgraded over time, but BA offers more traders' functionality overall.

BA is more of a traders software, the BBP one has staking plans and supports systems with loss recovery...etc
Kai

Anbell wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:20 am
Fugazi wrote:

Not sure why people found OP difficult to read

I've seen longer jokes from Derek
Anbell

Kai wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 11:22 am
Anbell wrote:
Fugazi wrote:

I was thrown off by the subject, and wasnt sure what the pitch was going to be.
smithsj1

It is possible to back nominated selections on BA Betdaq by using the spreadsheet functionality.

Just paste all of your selections into a separate sheet in the workbook. Then have a formula to check for each selection in the market to see if it is in your list. If so, then that forms part of your formula activate the placing of the trade and will only place it on your nominated selection. (selections if more than 1 on your list.)
Last edited by smithsj1 on Wed May 22, 2024 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Silk Run

Kai wrote:
Anbell wrote:
Fugazi wrote:

Please don't encourage him Kai. He seems to be on a level at present and more interested in his feline friend :)
Fugazi

Kai wrote:
Anbell wrote:
Fugazi wrote:

Was confused if this was going to be a rant or a pretend user trying to subtly spam something. In the end it took me through an emotional rollercoaster with lots of plot twists.

And I'm a bit thick.

Return to “Betdaq exchange”