New beta version of Bet Angel v1.62.0 beta3

ilovepizza82

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 12:04 pm
ilovepizza82 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 9:28 am
'Restrict Refresh' un-ticked.
How do you uninstall this without losing your settings ?
I dont wanna use this. I want my previous, working version pls.
Did you try unticking and re-ticking Average Odds while looking at the Matched Bets to see if that forces the correct information to appear?
Your matched bets count in the column of the market list looks correct, so it does seem that the correct data is on your PC and just that the Matched Bets grid didn't repaint properly. That's our theory, but it would be good to have that confirmed on the same PC where the problem was initially spotted.

If you wish to uninstall, then you can do so without affecting any saved settings. The settings will be available to the previous version when you install it. The only caveat to that would be any settings/files that you have saved with the new version which in doing so may have become incompatible with the older version (but only if the new version had extra information that needed to be saved into that particular file).

Its happening today again.

1) I noticed when you untick "average odds" in the guardian it kinda works and shows thje matched bets properly but when its ticked its glitching massively.
2) Another observation:
Once you un-tick "average odds" and tick it back again it seems to work, at least for that particular bet BUT "date and time" and "refernece" are missing.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 12:20 pm
1) I noticed when you untick "average odds" in the guardian it kinda works and shows thje matched bets properly but when its ticked its glitching massively.
The state of the checkbox isn't important, I was just trying to establish if toggling it between on/off while still on the matched bets page shows the correct data. Which it sounds like it does. i.e. Toggling the checkbox forces the grid to refresh.
ilovepizza82 wrote:
2) Another observation:
Once you un-tick "average odds" and tick it back again it seems to work, at least for that particular bet BUT "date and time" and "refernece" are missing.
Yes date/time and reference have always been blank when showing average odds as it doesn't make sense to show an average reference number and an average time is a bit meaningless.

Unless you say otherwise, it sounds like forcing the grid to repaint by using one of the checkboxes is working, so will base our testing on that.
Dabbla

The setting (Correlate) in the new Correlation tool doesn’t seem to save. If I select (First 5 sections) and change to another market, it will default to (First 3 sections)
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Dabbla wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 5:45 pm
The setting (Correlate) in the new Correlation tool doesn’t seem to save. If I select (First 5 sections) and change to another market, it will default to (First 3 sections)
It saves if you save settings and then reload those settings, but no it's not behaving quite right if you haven't previously got the choice saved in a settings profile. We're on the case to fix that.
elofan0

I had that prob but saving in betangel main settings sorted it
Fugazi

How are people finding the correlation tool ? Haven't had much chance to trade this week but feels like it will make it much easier to be profitable. Know your volatility of markets eg maiden compared to handicap and just reacted to the correlation ...
Last edited by Fugazi on Thu May 23, 2024 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gstar1975

ilovepizza82 wrote:
Bet Angel wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 12:04 pm
ilovepizza82 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 9:28 am
'Restrict Refresh' un-ticked.
How do you uninstall this without losing your settings ?
I dont wanna use this. I want my previous, working version pls.
Did you try unticking and re-ticking Average Odds while looking at the Matched Bets to see if that forces the correct information to appear?
Your matched bets count in the column of the market list looks correct, so it does seem that the correct data is on your PC and just that the Matched Bets grid didn't repaint properly. That's our theory, but it would be good to have that confirmed on the same PC where the problem was initially spotted.

If you wish to uninstall, then you can do so without affecting any saved settings. The settings will be available to the previous version when you install it. The only caveat to that would be any settings/files that you have saved with the new version which in doing so may have become incompatible with the older version (but only if the new version had extra information that needed to be saved into that particular file).

Its happening today again.

2) Another observation:
1+ this is happening to me too.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The download links in the first post have been updated to fix the minor display/behaviour bugs raised against beta 1
Tuco

I have had corrupted greening P&L figures shown on the ladder in the Trading Profit Column - ie green, green, green, red, green, green, red etc.

I'll take a screen shot and post as and when it re-occurs.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Tuco wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 12:17 pm
I have had corrupted greening P&L figures shown on the ladder in the Trading Profit Column - ie green, green, green, red, green, green, red etc.

I'll take a screen shot and post as and when it re-occurs.
OK - there haven't been any changes in that area of the code, so may have been something strange with the pricing of virtual bets from betfair at the time, but we'll certainly look into anything you report. We'll need the screenshot of the ladder, ideally multiple ladders to see how other runners P&Ls are affected at the time. Also a full list of your matched bets on the market and an image of the one-click screen at the time so that we can see the current pricing of all selections and the book%. The idea being that we feed all that data into a test harness and look at the P&L calculations for every price point.

Thanks
ROCKY1982

Euler wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 5:24 pm
Fugazi wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 5:19 pm
Selection correlation - so it is telling us what selection has recently changed causing book percent to be out of line?
It's telling you how the market and individual selections are changing in relation to the runner(s) you have selected.

If something is bombing in then something or several things must be moving in the other direction. So it's telling you which ones and how much.
Thanks Peter this fantastic tool is a real game changer , it would be extremely helpful if you can show correlation strength using coloured arrows above the horses in the one click screen in addition to the table e.g. if two horses are between -80 to -100 the arrow's colour above them would be red if its between -60 to -80 arrow's colour would be orange etc that's way it would be easier to understand how strong the correlation is
Khanivore

Forgive me if this question has been answered already but is the Betdaq version going to have an update too? Thank you in advance.
Dallas

Khanivore wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 12:12 am
Forgive me if this question has been answered already but is the Betdaq version going to have an update too? Thank you in advance.
There's no plans to update the Betdaq version in the near future
xtrader16

jimibt wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 9:44 am
Correlation Tool, 1st impressions.

The data is all well represented and having the color coding is a good visual aid. personally tho, i'd prefer to see it represented graphically where we had perhaps a ZERO horizontal baseline and had the values sitting vertically (on a bar) either above or below that horizontal ZERO baseline. you'd then visually be able to see the expansion and contraction of the correlated selections (aka my old pistons paradigm).

Screenshot 2024-05-21 094751.png

just my initial thoughts, so may change with more road miles.
You can set this up in excel, it isn't that hard to be honest. Simple Bar Chart.
jimibt

xtrader16 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 10:46 pm
jimibt wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 9:44 am
Correlation Tool, 1st impressions.

The data is all well represented and having the color coding is a good visual aid. personally tho, i'd prefer to see it represented graphically where we had perhaps a ZERO horizontal baseline and had the values sitting vertically (on a bar) either above or below that horizontal ZERO baseline. you'd then visually be able to see the expansion and contraction of the correlated selections (aka my old pistons paradigm).

Screenshot 2024-05-21 094751.png

just my initial thoughts, so may change with more road miles.
You can set this up in excel, it isn't that hard to be honest. Simple Bar Chart.
likewise, i can do this via the api (using similar code as i'm well aware of this routine). the point i was making was that alternative ways of viewing this in the native BA application would be very appealing (with realtime dynamics and the ability to perhaps place bets by clicking on a vertical bar -etc) ;)

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”