Help With Guardian Custom Columns

With Bet Angel you can customise just about everything. You can also export and import all the settings and layouts. Here are some examples.
andy28

I want a snapshot of the LTP to be displayed in a custom column in guardian for the 1st 3 favs.

I use a file to store the value of the favs, as it is on Australian racing I fix the rows, and as it is a snapshot I only fire the rule once, I set the time to trigger of just 3 seconds. Everything works as I intend however if two or sometimes 3 favs are close together in the odds then it wont keep them, for example

If the odds are 4, 4.1, 4.2 and the 3rd fav comes into 2nd fav then guardian won't display their odds, if 3rd fav comes into fav and pushes the other 2 out none of the odds will be displayed.

I thought as the rows are fixed and the file only triggers once that would be it, I save the values to the log so it got it right its just if they change the order in favouritisim they drop off the Custom Column.

How can I lock it in so no matter what happens after I have the odds displayed they will always be displayed
Dallas

If you have 3 rules (one applied to the fav, one the 2nd fav, another 3rd fav), and they are armed to trigger once each, it will store the value for them at that moment, the SV value in your custom column then can't change - unless you've remove the rules file and reapply it to the market again
andy28

Thanks Dallas

That's how I have the rule set up, I noticed that in play the odds disappear and sometimes reappear and sometimes all 3 disappear. I am thinking the issue is at the bottom of the Edit Custom Column Box I have to choose a selection. I have sorted by Favouritism ticked which is the problem imo, as the favouritism changes the value is not true, I mean say 3rd fav drifts to 4th the odds disappear because the 3rd fav is no longer 3rd fav, the 4th fav is now 3rd fav which I have no value for so shows as a blank.

This is for Aussie racing (Horses & GH) so I can't select by BF row as I would for UK racing. I can't select by guardian selection, and I don't really know what by custom rank is, so I am thinking it can't be done this way.
Dallas

andy28 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 10:54 pm
Thanks Dallas

That's how I have the rule set up, I noticed that in play the odds disappear and sometimes reappear and sometimes all 3 disappear. I am thinking the issue is at the bottom of the Edit Custom Column Box I have to choose a selection. I have sorted by Favouritism ticked which is the problem imo, as the favouritism changes the value is not true, I mean say 3rd fav drifts to 4th the odds disappear because the 3rd fav is no longer 3rd fav, the 4th fav is now 3rd fav which I have no value for so shows as a blank.

This is for Aussie racing (Horses & GH) so I can't select by BF row as I would for UK racing. I can't select by guardian selection, and I don't really know what by custom rank is, so I am thinking it can't be done this way.
OK, I understand what you mean now, if you add a 'Fix Order of Market selections' rule and have it trigger once just before you store the value
That will ensure it never changes to another selection
andy28

Hi Dallas, yeah I have the fixed rows set before I get it to store the values, I thought the same as you and will always display the odds. But after they are stored they still appear and disappear as they can still change in play. When the race is in play if say 3rd fav becomes 4th fav then the value disappears and if it returns to 3rd fav the value will reappear. It is only the value I recorded not the current price. So if it is 5.3 it may disappear but if it returns it will always display the 5.30 or what ever it recorded when it triggered.

I am away this weekend so won't be around till Monday, The only way I can see it working is if I store the runner ID then have another look that up at the time so it can't change, so will have a play with that

Thanks
Dallas

andy28 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 11:08 am
Hi Dallas, yeah I have the fixed rows set before I get it to store the values, I thought the same as you and will always display the odds. But after they are stored they still appear and disappear as they can still change in play. When the race is in play if say 3rd fav becomes 4th fav then the value disappears and if it returns to 3rd fav the value will reappear. It is only the value I recorded not the current price. So if it is 5.3 it may disappear but if it returns it will always display the 5.30 or what ever it recorded when it triggered.

I am away this weekend so won't be around till Monday, The only way I can see it working is if I store the runner ID then have another look that up at the time so it can't change, so will have a play with that

Thanks
Just to check are you setting these are 'Selection' Level or 'Market'

If it's selection change it/them to 'market' and update your custom columns to match
You then won't need the fix order rule
andy28

Hi Dallas,

Thank you, I changed the settings to market and that solved the issue.

Much appreciated

Return to “Bet Angel - Customisation, settings, filters and coupons.”