Help improve Bet Angel.
Dallas

lotora wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 2:54 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 2:27 pm
lotora wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 11:37 am

That's a good idea, which I already use, but when there's a technical issue, there's a risk it won't help. I have also set my Betfair's Current Loss Limit to £200 per day. However, this limit is too restrictive for a whole day of trading. It would be great if there was an option to measure losses per single race or selection instead.
Rather than unnecessarily restricting your daily Betfair loss allowance you can restrict your Betfair 'exposure limit' by contacting their customer services, or do it on Bet Angel using 'maximum liability' under the 'staking' tab in settings.

And if you're going to persist in staking in that manner then I strongly recommend you add the Book% conditions to avoid placing bets when odds are at such a low value which can happen in exceptional circumstances.
Using the 'maximum liability' setting under the 'staking' tab in Bet Angel does help manage risk, but it also has its drawbacks. By lowering it, you risk exceeding your maximum liability, which could prevent you from closing or hedging a bet effectively.
Just to clarify the 'Max Liability' option in Bet Angel is per bet (not total exposure),
ie, you could set this at £100 and still trigger/place dozens of bets of £99 each or loess
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 2:59 pm
lotora wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 2:54 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 2:27 pm

Rather than unnecessarily restricting your daily Betfair loss allowance you can restrict your Betfair 'exposure limit' by contacting their customer services, or do it on Bet Angel using 'maximum liability' under the 'staking' tab in settings.

And if you're going to persist in staking in that manner then I strongly recommend you add the Book% conditions to avoid placing bets when odds are at such a low value which can happen in exceptional circumstances.
Using the 'maximum liability' setting under the 'staking' tab in Bet Angel does help manage risk, but it also has its drawbacks. By lowering it, you risk exceeding your maximum liability, which could prevent you from closing or hedging a bet effectively.
Just to clarify the 'Max Liability' option in Bet Angel is per bet (not total exposure),
ie, you could set this at £100 and still trigger/place dozens of bets of £99 each or loess
Thanks for clarifying. I always assumed it was a total liability. Would be useful to have a total liability function on Bet Angel as you need to go through customer services every time to adjust the Betfair one.
lotora

Dallas, thanks for clarifying that the 'Max Liability' option in Bet Angel is per bet and not for total exposure. That makes it less useful for limiting overall exposure. Jamesedwards, your advice to transfer some money into the poker wallet is a great idea. I also support your suggestion to implement a total liability function on Bet Angel. This would be a valuable addition for managing risk more effectively.

Return to “Suggestions”