Betfair account closed - Funds with-held

News, chat and debate about the Betfair betting exchange.
The Silk Run

Those two posts are off-topic. They need to be re-posted in where have all the jokes gone. Or the one about growing Tomatoes :D
jamesedwards

megarain wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 3:11 pm
Thanks for posting these.
megarain

I have had no one contact me re social media.

The only time a lawyer got involved with me was when I registered a domain beating.betfair (many years ago), which I used to write a book of
a few tales. The book is still written, but not released. Maybe one day ..

Reading the pdf is seems IBAS is there go to portal for complaints resolution externally. I have no interest in using them and will go directly
to the small claims court if the internal procedure doesn't resolve it.
Euler

From what I've heard from others who have used IBAS, it's generally not worth the bother.
The Silk Run

Now your talking Sir. That's hedge this position and green up !!!
May I ask if any sanctions, restrictions applied to your account in relation to this enquiry.
The Silk Run

Euler wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 3:48 pm
From what I've heard from others who have used IBAS, it's generally not worth the bother.
+ 1000
megarain

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 3:49 pm
May I ask if any sanctions, restrictions applied to your account in relation to this enquiry.
Which enquiry. my account is closed.

When the lawyer got involved many years ago I told him it was a personal account and put a bold header that the domain was not associated with
Betfair. He went away.
The Silk Run

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 3:50 pm
Euler wrote:
+ 1000
I have just carried out some due diligence !!!
According to satellite imagery IBAS is located in Betfair staff canteen. And GC in their restroom.
The Silk Run

megarain wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 3:57 pm
The Silk Run wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 3:49 pm
Which enquiry. my account is closed.

When the lawyer got involved many years ago I told him it was a personal account and put a bold header that the domain was not associated with
Betfair. He went away.
I think you know I'm not a big fan of this organisation. And if someone has been wronged then I will get behind them and give them my support.

Anyway. I think that's enough trolling for today. I'm over to Towcester to see how Scooby Doo is getting on. Barking mad over their ....
Crazyskier

outformal wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 1:01 am
Crazyskier wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 9:34 am
conduirez wrote:
Fri May 03, 2024 10:11 pm

Just so others realise, if you deposit your Betfair account through PayPal via a bank card, your bank will know where the funds went.
Correct. You need to send a BACS transfer to Paypal for deposits, and make BACS withdrawals. All completely free and untraceable by the banks.

CS
How do you send a BACS transfer to Paypal and how do you make BACS withdrawals? I couldn't find this option in my Paypal account and I am in the UK...But I can't see BACS option. Could you please explain how to do it? Thanks.
The link someone else posted from Chat GPT is more concise that I would be. You get a unique ref number to use as ref when sending funds to Paypal.

CS
BFDon

So it was closed because they couldn't validate the source of funds? You'd think given your betting history and with an account manager you'd be able to get it sorted, well seems like you did and then they went back on it? Agree with your sentiments wrt to BF CS. It's a big shame because they seem to have a CS team who is willing to help but there's a breakdown in communication between them and the relevant departments. As you say how is it possible to request a cricket market, be told they won't be offering it only for 10 minutes later it to be loaded on the exchange? Thankfully cricket market ops have been better recently.
Lynskey888

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 3:50 pm
Euler wrote:
+ 1000
Truer words were never spoken.
Derek27

When I was getting nowhere with a dispute at William Hill, I took it to IBAS. IBAS contacted WH, then told me they can't deal with it because I haven't taken my complaint with WH to the second-tier, or as far as their procedures allow, and sent me a WH email address to take it further.

That in itself did the job, because when I took it further, WH threw in the towel and paid out on the winning bet, but without taking it to IBAS the bums at WH would never have given me any information on taking the complaint further. :)
megarain

This thread has pretty much served its purpose, but ts doing my mental health no good.

I will update on the final resolution.

GL all
Kai

Understandable, after devoting a good chunk of your life to them and being mistreated..

But it's nothing a nice holiday can't help remedy, I've got summer on my mind as well lately tbh

GL 🤞

Return to “Betfair exchange”