UK General Election July 4th 2024 - Trading ONLY thread

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
jamesedwards

greenmark wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 10:27 pm
Archangel wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 7:18 pm
I don't think I have seen a more pathetic figure than Sunaks speech in the rain...

Could be the Tories get a proper kicking
Having watched it. I can only say you can't rely on British weather.
Regarding what he said, it was standard Tory cobblers that we've endured for 14 years.
Blaming covid and ukraine. No mention of brexit, the BJ and Lettuce Liz fiasco's. No mention emasculating the "flagship" HS2.
No mention of water companies creaming off dividends, dumping s**t into our water and leaving inoperable companies and their customers to pick up the tab.
No mention of a Tory govt forced into taking rail operators back into public ownership because they can't regulate a wet paper bag.
And let's not trawl back over the nepotistic alllocation of contracts during covid.
Rishi, go ahead with your BS. If the electorate fall for this again, we're sunk.
Why on earth would he mention any of that?
greenmark

jamesedwards wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 11:08 pm
greenmark wrote:
Archangel wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 7:18 pm
I don't think I have seen a more pathetic figure than Sunaks speech in the rain...

Could be the Tories get a proper kicking
Regarding what he said, it was standard Tory cobblers that we've endured for 14 years.
Blaming covid and ukraine. No mention of brexit, the BJ and Lettuce Liz fiasco's. No mention emasculating the "flagship" HS2.
No mention of water companies creaming off dividends, dumping s**t into our water and leaving inoperable companies and their customers to pick up the tab.
No mention of a Tory govt forced into taking rail operators back into public ownership because they can't regulate a wet paper bag.
And let's not trawl back over the nepotistic alllocation of contracts during covid.
Rishi, go ahead with your BS. If the electorate fall for this again, we're sunk.
Of course, but in the interest of democracy I felt compelled to witter on about what a mess 14 years of any crap govt, whether Tory or Labour.
I stand to be corrected on any point and be directed to any success over the last 14 years.
There must be some, surely.
Ok I can think of one. Super rapid creation of a covid vaccination.
Any others?
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
You can rely on an umbrella. :mrgreen:
Derek27

Sunak out and about meeting ordinary plebs, and the hot topic is still his soaking wet suit. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm hoping somebody asks, has your suit dried yet? :lol: :lol:
Derek27

Michale Gove, Andrea Leadsom, Thereasa May, Ben Wallace, Nadhim Zahawi, Savid Javid, Kamikaze Kwarteng, Dominic Raab, Matt HandOnCock, all going before the next election. What's left of the Conservative party will be unrecognisable, probably a good thing for them.
Derek27

flipping hell! Conservatives introducing new model of mandatory National Service!!!

Are they now on a suicide mission? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Labour, on the other hand, are considering reducing the voting age to 16. Not just more appealing to young people than NS, but about 80% of 16 year olds are likely to vote Labour!
Derek27

So, National Service is "mandatory", but no criminal sanction for refusing to sign up!

What will it be? A £50 fine? :lol:
ForFolksSake

greenmark wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 11:38 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Of course, but in the interest of democracy I felt compelled to witter on about what a mess 14 years of any crap govt, whether Tory or Labour.
I stand to be corrected on any point and be directed to any success over the last 14 years.
Any others?
How do you prove the vaccinations were any good
greenmark

ForFolksSake wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 10:12 am
greenmark wrote:
jamesedwards wrote:

Any others?
Sorry, but we've been all over that discussion here.

Meantime, the Tories are going to bring back national service. I imagine the military are going potty.
Last thing military professionals want is to be inundated with incompetent, reluctant conscripts.
They've been screaming about cuts and lack of money for ages. Conscription would be a real slap in the face.
jamesedwards

greenmark wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 11:19 am
ForFolksSake wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Any others?

Meantime, the Tories are going to bring back national service. I imagine the military are going potty.
Last thing military professionals want is to be inundated with incompetent, reluctant conscripts.
They've been screaming about cuts and lack of money for ages. Conscription would be a real slap in the face.
National Service is a proper vote winner, apart from those doing it. But, of course, they would never vote Conservative anyway.

Picture1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

jamesedwards wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 11:51 am
greenmark wrote:
ForFolksSake wrote:

National Service is a proper vote winner, apart from those doing it. But, of course, they would never vote Conservative anyway.

Picture1.png
The percentage of young Conservative voters, whilst small is still significant. Plus, there will be parents and grandparents thinking their offspring could do something better in a year like studying or working than a year of unpaid work.

Still no mention what the penalty is for not doing the mandatory voluntary work, but if it's anything severe it could fall foul of the slavery laws. :)
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 12:26 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Picture1.png
The percentage of young Conservative voters, whilst small is still significant. Plus, there will be parents and grandparents thinking their offspring could do something better in a year like studying or working than a year of unpaid work.

Still no mention what the penalty is for not doing the mandatory voluntary work, but if it's anything severe it could fall foul of the slavery laws. :)
Let's face it. It's complete BS. Desperate describes it perfectly. The Tories lost the plot a long time ago, this just confirms that.
Labour have to score a catastrophic own goal to lose this election.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 12:34 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 12:26 pm
jamesedwards wrote:

Picture1.png

Let's face it. It's complete BS. Desperate describes it perfectly. The Tories lost the plot a long time ago, this just confirms that.
Labour have to score a catastrophic own goal to lose this election.
What’s the problem, it happens in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Austria and Switzerland to name a few.

The penalties in those countries can be rather harsh ranging from any benefits being stopped to possible imprisonment.

Hell, even Macron has brought back voluntary national service.

About time the snowflakes got a kick up the backside.

But what’s more worrying is the fact that maybe someone knows something most of the public doesn’t. i.e at some point that maybe the UK and/or Europe will be at war again.
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 3:10 pm
What’s the problem, it happens in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Austria and Switzerland to name a few.
Those counties aren't governed by a bunch of raving lunatics. :lol:

No mention of how much it's going to cost or where the money's coming from!
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 3:43 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 3:10 pm
Those counties aren't governed by a bunch of raving lunatics. :lol:

No mention of how much it's going to cost or where the money's coming from!
France is. 🤣

Initial costing is around £1 Billion.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”