Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Kai

His young Ajax side was fantastic a few years back, played great footy, the likes of de Jong and de Ligt

He clearly has some ability, with younger players especially, but couldn't get any impact in such toxic circumstances, they need a larger than life character to get the culture of the club back on track, they don't belong in mid-table

I mentioned their injuries a couple times this season which never helps, Liverpool fans also need to get behind The Bald One and give the guy a chance
greenmark

The big one. Leeds v Saints. I'm more Saint than White.

But good luck to both.
Derek27

Don't have Sky but the Leeds OU market's all over the place.
Kai

Best prematch market I've seen in a while, multiple opportunities 📈

jd28

Kai wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 4:14 pm
Best prematch market I've seen in a while, multiple opportunities 📈

MO market was tradeable up until kick-off. Torino drifted up to 3.0 by then.
jamesedwards

Congrats Peter. Back with the big boys.
conduirez

Well done Saints, great win.
greenmark

In a way I was happy for Utd yesterday, but wondered where that level had been all season.

Today is joyful. Saints have given it the full bananas and are back up. Sorry for Leeds but I think as a neutral, both had the opportunity. Saints took it.
Derek27

Completely bonkers Southhampton finishing behind Leeds and getting promoted, just for the sake of one-match entertainment!
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 5:54 pm
Completely bonkers Southhampton finishing behind Leeds and getting promoted, just for the sake of one-match entertainment!
I was musing on that very subject on my walk today. Achieve a league position after slogging your nuts off all season then get dumped into 2 games which are a mini cup competition.
My conclusion was it's about extracting the maximum amount of money possible for the league.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 6:02 pm
Derek27 wrote:
I was musing on that very subject on my walk today. Achieve a league position after slogging your nuts off all season then get dumped into 2 games which are a mini cup competition.
My conclusion was it's about extracting the maximum amount of money possible for the league.
I think when the playoffs first started, it was between one team from the upper league and three from the lower league.

A fair format would be bottom and top two swap places, third bottom and third top have the playoff between themselves.
weemac

greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
What we need is the Belgian league system:

The Jupiler Pro Leagues has 16 teams. During the regular season (from August to March), it works exactly like the other championships across Europe. But when the regular season is over, it becomes way more complicated.

After 30 games, several championships start again. The first six teams are involved in the “Play-off 1”. The points they got after the regular season are divided by two, and the new championship starts on that basis.

At the end of the Play-off 1, the champion is directly qualified for the UEFA Champions League, while the second has to play the third qualifying round to be qualified for the next year. The winner of the regular season is then qualified for the 3rd qualifying round of the Europa league, except if it gets a higher rank at the end of the Playoff 1. In that case, the third one (after the Playoff 1) can play the 3rd qualifying round of Europa league.

But this is not the end of the story. The 2nd Play-offs also start after the regular season. It involves 12 teams divided into two groups. The teams ranked from the 7th to the 15th position, as well as the 2nd, 3rd and 4th best team in second division play two mini-championships.

Once over, the two “first” teams of these championships play a two-leg game and the one which wins can play the 4th or 5th (depending on the results of the Belgian cup, as the winner of the cup is directly qualified for the Europa league, except if it is qualified for the UEFA Champions League) team after the Playoff 1.
conduirez

weemac wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 6:56 pm
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

The Jupiler Pro Leagues has 16 teams. During the regular season (from August to March), it works exactly like the other championships across Europe. But when the regular season is over, it becomes way more complicated.

After 30 games, several championships start again. The first six teams are involved in the “Play-off 1”. The points they got after the regular season are divided by two, and the new championship starts on that basis.

At the end of the Play-off 1, the champion is directly qualified for the UEFA Champions League, while the second has to play the third qualifying round to be qualified for the next year. The winner of the regular season is then qualified for the 3rd qualifying round of the Europa league, except if it gets a higher rank at the end of the Playoff 1. In that case, the third one (after the Playoff 1) can play the 3rd qualifying round of Europa league.

But this is not the end of the story. The 2nd Play-offs also start after the regular season. It involves 12 teams divided into two groups. The teams ranked from the 7th to the 15th position, as well as the 2nd, 3rd and 4th best team in second division play two mini-championships.

Once over, the two “first” teams of these championships play a two-leg game and the one which wins can play the 4th or 5th (depending on the results of the Belgian cup, as the winner of the cup is directly qualified for the Europa league, except if it is qualified for the UEFA Champions League) team after the Playoff 1.
Here's the bottom line why they do it though, look at the crowd stats plus those figures must generate higher costs for TV/radio rights, it must all be worth a lot of money.
aaaaaaaaaaaaafa creenshot 2024-05-26 190227.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

weemac wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 6:56 pm
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Try making sense of the Copa Liberatores and Copa Sudamericana qualification rules. Absolutely mind blowing!
Derek27

Trading Italina Seria A OU market without getting clued-up how goals in the other matches will affect the market.

Return to “Football trading”