The beer garden

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Derek27

Cheers bru. :)
conduirez

I also wish you well Derek and hope you get better soon.
Derek27

conduirez wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 5:35 pm
I also wish you well Derek and hope you get better soon.
Thanks, I just hope I get the young hot nurse next time. :)
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 12:10 pm
Jim's right ironically. I'm starting chemotherapy on Friday. Unfortunately, that post I made about having an endoscopy, ironically to the happy corner, turned out to be a cancerous tumour. It means I have to stop smoking and vaping, other than my plastic cigarette, which only amounts to hand-repetition therapy. I might have a drink during one of the rest weeks but I shouldn't really do that either.

No beer left but I've got a full bottle of scotch and a drop of brandy I can have with my coffee. :)
Sorry to hear that D27. Never stop planning what you are going to do tomorrow.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 8:16 am
Derek27 wrote:
Jim's right ironically. I'm starting chemotherapy on Friday. Unfortunately, that post I made about having an endoscopy, ironically to the happy corner, turned out to be a cancerous tumour. It means I have to stop smoking and vaping, other than my plastic cigarette, which only amounts to hand-repetition therapy. I might have a drink during one of the rest weeks but I shouldn't really do that either.

No beer left but I've got a full bottle of scotch and a drop of brandy I can have with my coffee. :)
Cheers firlandsfarm. Much appreciated.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 9:50 am
firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 8:16 am
Derek27 wrote:

Cheers firlandsfarm. Much appreciated.
Completely missed your original post. Hope the chemo isn't too bad. I believe it's improved a lot. Feel free to rant. This is the beer garden, but how many rants have you heard in a beer garden? I for one will support you when I can.
Derek27

Just had a chat with my neighbour. He's spent £2.5K on a professional weather station and £1.5K on a lightning detector that detects lightning real-time and photographs it, along with a 360° swinging camera. All the data is streamed live to a MET Office weather station and he doesn't even get paid for it!!
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 4:17 pm
Just had a chat with my neighbour. He's spent £2.5K on a professional weather station and £1.5K on a lightning detector that detects lightning real-time and photographs it, along with a 360° swinging camera. All the data is streamed live to a MET Office weather station and he doesn't even get paid for it!!
If you have the disposable income to do that then fair enough. But either way - why?
I don't get that at all.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 7:39 pm
Derek27 wrote:
If you have the disposable income to do that then fair enough. But either way - why?
I don't get that at all.
He's a nutcase!

I'm actually interested in the weather and was thinking of getting an outdoor weather station, but it wouldn't be for more than a couple hundred. For that sort of money I'd expect to charge the MET Office for data!
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Is he Chinese or Russian. Maybe he up to no good ?
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 9:16 pm
I'm actually interested in the weather and was thinking of getting an outdoor weather station, but it wouldn't be for more than a couple hundred. For that sort of money I'd expect to charge the MET Office for data!
So it has begun then, you are already willing to invest money in his hobby after just one chat.

I give it 2 months before you are best pals chasing after storms together.

I think you can buy a double seat for his mobility scooter.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 10:19 pm
Derek27 wrote:
So it has begun then, you are already willing to invest money in his hobby after just one chat.

I've had an indoor weather station for the last 20 years. The last one I got cost about £15. Only a lunatic would spend thousands.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 10:57 pm
Kai wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

I've had an indoor weather station for the last 20 years. The last one I got cost about £15.
I wasn't aware you two had so much in common!

I think it's only fair you invite him over for a beer and show what you do as well.

Maybe for the Champions League final?
conduirez

Kai wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 9:07 am
Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 10:57 pm
Kai wrote:

I've had an indoor weather station for the last 20 years. The last one I got cost about £15.
I wasn't aware you two had so much in common!

I think it's only fair you invite him over for a beer and show what you do as well.

Maybe for the Champions League final?
This website may help to get the weather conversation going.

https://www.metcheck.com/seasonal/uefa_ ... ecasts.asp
conduirez

A cautionary tale for all about showing too much info on the internet regarding personal details and anything really, in this case a simple holiday booking.

This woman was so excited about an upcoming cruise in a top class suite, she decided to share her email from the company about her upcoming cruise on a social media site.

I feel sorry for her, but how stupid, because some anonymous lowlife logged in and cancelled her $10000+ cruise at the last minute. Probably the travel agent who booked new people in the suite straight after, for commission :roll: .

https://cruiseradio.net/passenger-cruis ... ts-online/

Return to “Chill Out Area”