Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Derek27

Inter a goal down to Verona, after taking the lead initially.
weemac

Empoli's injury time winner vs. Roma keeps them up. Scenes.
Lynskey888

Kai wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 4:14 pm
Best prematch market I've seen in a while, multiple opportunities 📈

I’d have never believed that without the graph, Kai. Atalanta at 4.0 at home!

What was the timing of that first big drift from 2.3-ish to almost 4.0, please? Was that the immediate aftermath of the Europa League final?
Kai

Lynskey888 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 10:47 pm
Kai wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 4:14 pm
Best prematch market I've seen in a while, multiple opportunities 📈

I’d have never believed that without the graph, Kai. Atalanta at 4.0 at home!

What was the timing of that first big drift from 2.3-ish to almost 4.0, please? Was that the immediate aftermath of the Europa League final?
Ye was quite the overreaction considering they still needed to secure CL and 4 days rest is plenty, so they only rotated a few players

The drift started when it was clear they were going to beat Leverkusen, then accelerated after FT

Cagliari-Fiorentina was a similar setup but wasn't paying much attention when they suddenly moved the date so made a bit of a meal on that one
Lynskey888

Thanks, Kai. You’ve posted a couple of belting pre-match trades this month.
Kai

I try to highlight different oppos and setups in pre and IP in recent months, to maybe get the ball rolling a bit

But I also try hard not to since it's usually frowned upon :lol:
csewell1987

Wasn't drift expected as they would have been more likely to field a weakened team due to receiving CL by winning the Europa league? Then price came back in when a strong side was still fielded.
Kai

Actually I've toyed with the idea of opening a red thread in the past, one where you'd only be allowed to post an actual loss on a market ("eat your reds" type thing), along with a brief explanation of where it went it wrong, if anywhere, or whatever lesson it showcased (but not the common stuff like failed auto strats on a graph etc)

Always thought that could be rather insightful and educational, so unlike with greens ideally the bigger the red the better, to show to newcomers etc that reds really are a normal part of trading and more than a worn out cliché

I've had a different opinion in the past but I've since learned that the more personal you make something the more universal it actually becomes, cause all traders are made up of the same emo stuff after all

(btw no egos would be hurt in the making of this thread)

But still, I doubt there would be many contributors :mrgreen:
henbet22

I would be up for it. Showcasing the worst of the Mike Matusow blow ups and complete and under misreads. :lol:
henbet22

tilt.PNG
I will kick it off as it is raining in paris.

Earlier in the month. Horrific laying of Olympiakos at Villa Park. Woeful mis read. Woeful price. Woeful trading. embarassing. :oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kai

csewell1987 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 10:08 am
Wasn't drift expected as they would have been more likely to field a weakened team due to receiving CL by winning the Europa league? Then price came back in when a strong side was still fielded.
You're right, glad someone's paying attention :lol: Think Roma was extremely unlikely to catch them anyway, with a game in hand iirc

You know a gross overreaction when you see one, price was slowly reverting to mean before teamnews
csewell1987

Definitely a good price post drift given their season form and ending leverkusen unbeaten run
Michael5482

Looks like Leeds may have gambled on making the promised land and created a bit of a financial black hole. Worth keeping an eye on for when the Championship market opens for next season.
Derek27

Conference final on 7 seconds!
Derek27

What a boring final!

Return to “Football trading”