Betfair Master/Sub Accounts with Bet Angel?

A place to discuss anything.
Post Reply
frankiebishop
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:57 am

Does anyone here currently use Bet Angel through a Betfair corporate Master/Sub-Account structure?

I'm specifically trying to establish whether a trader who is an authorised representative on a Betfair sub-account receives credentials that will authenticate through Bet Angel and give normal API/ladder functionality.

I'm looking at the sort of structure used by professional trading operations where a company holds the Betfair Master Account and individual authorised traders operate designated sub-accounts.

The key question is simply:

Can a Betfair Master/Sub-Account trader use Bet Angel normally — ladders, live market depth, order placement/cancellation, greening etc.?

And if so, does anyone know of professional operators/brokers who provide this type of trading arrangement to individual traders using their own capital?

I'm specifically looking for genuine Betfair API/Bet Angel access rather than a broker that simply displays Betfair prices through its own platform.

Thanks.
User avatar
Euler
Posts: 27763
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:39 pm

Do you have a master sub-account?

You'd need a license for each account as we license by username.
frankiebishop
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:57 am

Thanks — that's exactly what I'm trying to establish.

So just to confirm: if I had my own username as an authorised trader on a Betfair Master/Sub-Account structure, I could purchase a Bet Angel licence against that username and use Bet Angel normally, including the ladders?

If that's correct, the remaining problem for me is finding a professional Master Account operator that offers individual traders this type of authorised sub-account arrangement.
User avatar
gstar1975
Posts: 871
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:59 am

frankiebishop wrote: ↑
Mon Sep 28, 2026 9:43 pm
Thanks — that's exactly what I'm trying to establish.

So just to confirm: if I had my own username as an authorised trader on a Betfair Master/Sub-Account structure, I could purchase a Bet Angel licence against that username and use Bet Angel normally, including the ladders?

If that's correct, the remaining problem for me is finding a professional Master Account operator that offers individual traders this type of authorised sub-account arrangement.
What exactly is a Master/Sub Account and why haven't we ever been informed about these? How long have they been available? Lots of questions. Why do they even exist? Come on Euler spill the beans.
User avatar
Euler
Posts: 27763
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:39 pm

There are generally not available, you can't request one. They exist to solve specific problems for high volume users who trade multiple sports, or like us, we need to have an account to run Bet Angel and related functions and our own accounts.

You don't really need one now we have implemented the strategy ref feature in the latest version of Bet Angel.
User avatar
Tuco
Posts: 994
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:43 pm

Euler wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 29, 2026 10:45 am
You don't really need one now we have implemented the strategy ref feature in the latest version of Bet Angel.
Does the new 'strategy ref feature' on v1.64.0_b1 negate the need to have two separate instances of BA loaded onto a hard drive?
Post Reply

Return to “General discussion”