getStoredValues / getInstances not reflecting rule-originated Stored Values or repeat triggers — missing something?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Post Reply
Morton26
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2026 1:20 pm

Hopefully somebody can help me with this, I've had Claude draft a short note (because I don't understand the technical bits)

I've been building a Python integration against the local JSON API (/api/automation/v1.0/...) to bridge Guardian Automation Rule events into an external process, and I've run into what looks like a real gap, but I want to check I'm not missing a required step before assuming it's a limitation.

Setup: A Guardian rule ("Shock Fade Native Detection", Alert-type, Unlimited triggers, 120s rearm) has a Stored Values action added: Store a value named "shock_fade_fired", for the Market, Shared, with an entered amount (1), with "Note value assignments in the market's Log" ticked.

What I've confirmed works: the rule fires correctly and repeatedly on real market events. The Log tab shows the exact line Store Value (Shared) for market: shock_fade_fired = 1 at the same timestamp as each Alert.

What doesn't work: polling POST /api/automation/v1.0/getStoredValues ({"marketsFilter": {"filter": "SPECIFIED_IDS", "ids": [...]}}) for that same market, immediately after and repeatedly for 40+ seconds after a confirmed Log entry, returns {"status": "OK", "result": {}} — empty, every time. This holds whether the value was written by the rule itself, or by an external setStoredValues call from Python (also confirmed landing in the Log, also never readable back).

Separately, getInstances only ever returns timeFirstTriggered — the very first trigger time for an instance, never updated on subsequent triggers, even though the rule demonstrably fires again and again (confirmed via the Log).

Is there a required parameter, scope setting, or API version I'm missing for getStoredValues to actually return what's in the Log? Or is reading automation state back out via this API genuinely not supported the way I'd assumed? Any pointer appreciated — happy to share more detail (exact payloads, timestamps) if useful.
sniffer66
Posts: 1993
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 8:37 am

I think you need to specify the Stored Value type in the Request

Try this:

{
"marketsFilter": {
"filter": "SPECIFIED_IDS",
"ids": ["1.xxxxxxxxx"]
},
"storedValueFilterMarketLevel": {
"storedValueFilter": "ALL"
}
}

Or just the specific SV:

{
"marketsFilter": {
"filter": "SPECIFIED_IDS",
"ids": ["1.xxxxxxxxx"]
},
"storedValueFilterMarketLevel": {
"storedValueFilter": "SPECIFIED_NAMES",
"names": ["shock_fade_fired"],
"excludeInstanceValues": true
}
}
Morton26
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2026 1:20 pm

Many thanks for the reply. You were absolutely spot on! The problem is now resolved and you've saved me many hours of chasing my own tail.
sniffer66
Posts: 1993
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 8:37 am

Morton26 wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 30, 2026 5:25 pm
Many thanks for the reply. You were absolutely spot on! The problem is now resolved and you've saved me many hours of chasing my own tail.
Good stuff. Glad it helped :)
Post Reply

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”