simultaneous commands and cancelling

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
nagyz

hey guys,
great forum!
is is possible to simultaneously place two commands, such as cancel_all in the global options and back a selection? the idea would be to cancel all unmatched bets before proceeding. The time between the two is crucial, i.e., i want to do it basically immediately. Any ideas how to do this?
thanks a million!
Euler

The global commands and the bet functions are executed seperately so you should be able to achieve this. But you will need to get your timing right or it could get messy.
nagyz

great, thanks!
i agree timing is crucial on this, but I am right to assume that for a situation where the time until bet reaches the market is, say 8s for in-play football, if two commands are placed simultaneously, and the cancel_all_back command is basically done within a second, this timing issue is not that critical (provided that things go as expected and the cancel command is executed of course)
TheTub

I think the timing issues could be too much of a problem here. I would think about issuing the cancel instruction based on different criteria.

How about you set up a cancel trigger that looks at the unmatched bet count and triggers on that? This at least allows your bet some time in the market to get matched.
nagyz

excellent idea! many thanks!!
James1st

I have tested multi commands in BA and irrespective whether you use the Global Command or individual commands section, the commands can and do happen in any order. The only way to ensure you have the timing correct is to Cancel All in the Global area then test the O7 field for "OK" and issue the individual command based on the OK (and other) criteria. Only after both commands have been executed can you clear both Status fields.

Also: Thinking outside the box to solve the "reverse direction" dilemma, simply doubling the stake will convert a Back bet into a Lay bet without having to worry about timing issues. (this presupposes that your Back bet was in fact fully matched).
nagyz

thanks for the clarification and sharing your experience. I was also going down that path, good to know that that's feasible.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”