Market entry points

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
NinjaLizard

So I've spent months trying to come up with a set of "rules" for want of a better word as to when to enter the market when I see a possible trade. My trades especially the horses pre off have never had any real structure to them as far as entry points go, I look at the market, take an opinion then either get involved or don't, that simple. However the more reading I do the more it seems that i "must" have some sort of rule or condition as to whether I can enter or not. I'm not sure if I'm answering my own question here hence why I am asking but does my opinion count as a rule? For example if I see a price moving in a couple of ticks but expect it to resist at a certain price then go back out overall, is placing a lay at the price I expect it to bounce back out from a suitable condition for me to get involved or do I need to come up with something slightly more structured/complicated? Like when WOM is x% on the lay side and the price is at a cross over with at least 5 mins before the off blah blah.. Any nudge in the right direction would be much appreciated and even more helpful would be an example of any past (redundant) entry "rule" you have used. Hope I'm being clear enough with my question
Desert Pilot

I have found the WOM to be unreliable in predicting price movements. I prefer to look for horses that I think will shorten/drift and if they drop/lengthen 2 ticks i place bet with a 2 tick offset with greening. I know longer use a stop loss but green all profit just before the off (I use Guardian for all this).

Hope this helps.

Are you using Guardian?
LeTiss

WOM is a guide, it's something to build into the overall picture, but it shouldn't be relied upon
burdo77

Wom has more significance depending on where the current traded price is in relation overall traded volume.

For example wom is likely to be higher at the top of the ladder if it is not higher it may prove to be a good indicator.

Wom is manipulated, Hence not a good indicator.

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”