DOB WME struggling to get rules to work together

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
RMSSC

Hello friends,
I've been struggling to get all these rules to work together instead of separating them (separate works), by % and Race distance condition, however I'm not succeeding, either it's not possible to do it this way or I'm stupidly failing at something.
The purpose of wanting the rules all together is to make it easier to apply the rule in the Guardian and to give room to add additional rules.
Please, can someone help this newbie with a huge interest in learning from the best.
Cheers,
Rui
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

A race is only ever run in meter or furlongs, never both at the same time, so all those conditions can never be satisfied at the same time

So you need to put the two furlong conditions into one group which all must be true
and the two meter conditions into another group which also must all be true

Then nest these two groups within another were at least one must be true
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/gro ... tions.html
RMSSC

Dallas wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:12 am
A race is only ever run in meter or furlongs, never both at the same time, so all those conditions can never be satisfied at the same time

So you need to put the two furlong conditions into one group which all must be true

Thanks for your help Dallas, but have some patience with me, somehow certain conditions are not getting in and frankly I've been trying to find out why for hours.
The races of >6 <8 furlong (AUS), enter perfectly, however the races in meters >1000 (USA), meters are not being matched, can you give a little help?
Sorry, I'm embarrassed to be bothering you again.
Cheers,
Rui
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RMSSC

RMSSC wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:35 am
Dallas wrote:

Thanks for your help Dallas, but have some patience with me, somehow certain conditions are not getting in and frankly I've been trying to find out why for hours.
The races of >6 <8 furlong (AUS), enter perfectly, however the races in meters >1000 (USA), meters are not being matched, can you give a little help?
Cheers,
Rui
I also tried different ways, with different results, but without achieving the desired goal, which was for this 1200m race to be matched by 20%.
Sorry again, I'm trying to do it for me, but I'm at a crossroads.
Cheers,
Rui
Anbell

RMSSC wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:06 am
RMSSC wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Cheers,
Rui
I also tried different ways, with different results, but without achieving the desired goal, which was for this 1200m race to be matched by 20%.
Cheers,
Rui

You need one group saying ALL MUST BE TRUE 1) AU 2) >X meters 3) <y meters

You need another group saying ALL MUST BE TRUE 1) US 2) >X furlongs 3) <y furlongs

And you need to nest them both with another group saying ONE OR MORE (of the other entire groups) must be true
RMSSC

Anbell wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:26 am
RMSSC wrote:
RMSSC wrote:

Cheers,
Rui
Cheers,
Rui

You need another group saying ALL MUST BE TRUE 1) US 2) >X furlongs 3) <y furlongs

And you need to nest them both with another group saying ONE OR MORE (of the other entire groups) must be true
Hello, Dallas,

Thank you very much, your explanation was clarifying for me, I have to apply the rules as if they were mathematical formulas, that way it is easier for me.
Is there a feature in bet angel to create strategies in excel?
Like, there are bet angel conditional formulas that can be applied in excel and exported or connected to the software.
I have a good command of excel, it would be gold over blue for me.
Cheers,
Rui
Anbell

RMSSC wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:11 pm
Anbell wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:26 am
RMSSC wrote:

Cheers,
Rui

Hello, Dallas,

Thank you very much, your explanation was clarifying for me, I have to apply the rules as if they were mathematical formulas, that way it is easier for me.
Is there a feature in bet angel to create strategies in excel?
Like, there are bet angel conditional formulas that can be applied in excel and exported or connected to the software.
I have a good command of excel, it would be gold over blue for me.
Cheers,
Rui
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/mic ... ation.html

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”