Ferru123's own thread

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
James1st

Here you go Ferru, knock yourself out! :D
bilko

The self-proclaimed Archangel Professional who knows F all about sports trading.

Blogs about nothing that is relevant to Sport Trading.

Its time that Admin put a stop to this.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

If you don't want to read posts by a user you can go to the 'User control panel' and add them to your 'foe' list. This means posts by that user will not be visible when you read a thread. You will be able to see they posted but no content will show. You can choose to view that content at that point if you wish. You can add or remove friends or foes to your list at will.
oddstrader

to be fair i enjoy Jeffs posts ;)
bilko

Betangel I just don't read Jeff post.
I thought the forum was for traders to share and discuss
sport trading?
Have been a customer betangel off and on for two years and Its sad to see a great forum been taken down hill.
Lets hope the new traders to this forum are not put off?

Good luck Jeff and his adoring public.

PS: oddstrader you could skype Jeff
lilgreenback

I'm not sure that Jeff gave himself the Arch - Prof salutation; is it not down to the number of posts written?. Wether they are all relevant or not they still take time and they add to the discussion on the forum which tends to be very positive compared to some. Whilst Jeff may ask a lot of questions; the answers so readily given by others can only be of benefit to the majority who will also get something from them.
Photon

I think any discussion is much better than no discussion and to be fair not all post are relevant to everybody so people have to pick and choose which ones they view and comment on. If you start preventing people from expressing certain view or raising certain subjects then the usefulness of the overall forum will decline.
bilko

I think your missing the point most of Jeff topics are not about trading sporting exchanges,and for years I have watch Jeff give out advice to newbies questions.I pulled him up on it once and responded once to a remark about students.
For the past 3 weeks Jeff has been asking newbies questions himself?
I'm not trying to character assassination Jeff.When it comes to Forex he is very knowledgeable.

Have a Happy New Year Jeff
PeterLe

I think like everything else in Life you have the choice; you dont have to read any post..

When the forum first stated I read virtually every post, whereas, now I pick and choose which posts i read. Jeff's posts are no different to me; in that I read some and others I dont. Equally, I know that some of my posts are not responded to, and I can only assume that they bear no interest either! Such is life, I dont take it personally, neither would Jeff I expect

I think that some of Jeff's posts may be off topic perhaps (such as the FX, and the dating thread!), but there are 'some' similarities between FX and sports markets. (Personally, I think the FX should be left out as there are dozens of forums that relate to FX, just my view), Not so sure if there are any similarities between trading and dating!!, but I had a good laugh about it anyway!

If you look at some of the more popular posts (initiated by Jeff or otherwise), some of them started off by a simple question and it's not until I read them that I think, "Thats a good question". Some of those questions can as first seem to be newbie questions...such as "How do you make £1K a race"..but turn out to be quite interesting.
However, they do need to be on topic, or it will grow to include discussions about gardening and fishing!

I have learned a ton of stuff on here, thanks to you guys, and have even more to learn in the next twelve months. So lets keep the (relevant) questions coming and the answers too..!
Iron

Thanks for the feedback Peter. :)

Firstly, I can't believe how many posts I've submitted recently! I guess I've had too much time on my hands, which is something I need to address in the New Year! :) LOL!

I accept that some of my posts aren't relevant to Betfair trading. However, surely the chill out and financial trading areas for precisely that purpose. And I think that posts not relevant to trading (whether by me or someone else) add a useful dimension to the community, providing stimulating discussion and light relief.

Someone pointed out that I ask beginners' questions. Guilty as charged - I am still a beginner. But I'd like to think that those questions have stimulated discussion that's aided other beginners and given more experienced traders food for thought.

I'd finally like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who's answered my questions this year, and to wish everyone a great 2011!

Jeff
PeterLe wrote: If you look at some of the more popular posts (initiated by Jeff or otherwise), some of them started off by a simple question and it's not until I read them that I think, "Thats a good question". Some of those questions can as first seem to be newbie questions...such as "How do you make £1K a race"..but turn out to be quite interesting.
However, they do need to be on topic, or it will grow to include discussions about gardening and fishing!
Iron

Thanks Oddstrader!

You've brightened my morning! :)

Jeff
oddstrader wrote:to be fair i enjoy Jeffs posts ;)
Iron

Hi Lilgreenback

Thanks for your kind words. :)

Believe it or not, I actually had someone contact me for private tuition! I had to explain that my Arch Prof status had nothing to do with my abilities! LOL!

Jeff
lilgreenback wrote:I'm not sure that Jeff gave himself the Arch - Prof salutation; is it not down to the number of posts written?. Wether they are all relevant or not they still take time and they add to the discussion on the forum which tends to be very positive compared to some. Whilst Jeff may ask a lot of questions; the answers so readily given by others can only be of benefit to the majority who will also get something from them.
Iron

Hi Photon

I agree.

And I generally put my submissions into the relevant part of the site. I don't usually start threads on dating sites in the horse racing section, for example! :)

Jeff
Photon wrote:I think any discussion is much better than no discussion and to be fair not all post are relevant to everybody so people have to pick and choose which ones they view and comment on. If you start preventing people from expressing certain view or raising certain subjects then the usefulness of the overall forum will decline.
Iron

Hi Bilko

My posts appear to be generally well received. I've submitted about 900 messages, and you could probably count on your fingers the number of hostile responses I've received. And most of them probably came from my ill-judged foray into politics in the 'students' thread! :)

This forum is a friendly and helpful community. I enjoy posting here, and will continue to do so.

As Bet Angel admin has pointed out, you are free to block me if you don't want to read my posts.

Have a Happy New Year!

Jeff
bilko wrote:I think your missing the point most of Jeff topics are not about trading sporting exchanges,and for years I have watch Jeff give out advice to newbies questions.I pulled him up on it once and responded once to a remark about students.
For the past 3 weeks Jeff has been asking newbies questions himself?
I'm not trying to character assassination Jeff.When it comes to Forex he is very knowledgeable.

Have a Happy New Year Jeff
LeTiss

I think people should get off his back!

The thread on his disastrous love life gave me some LOL moments

I'd rather people like Jeff posted various stuff than not post at all. Just ignore him if he gets on your nerves

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”