Practice mode

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
Iron

How do I access the new demo mode?

I've downloaded the new software, rebooted my computer, and logged back in, but I'm not presented with an option to go into practice mode.

Thanks

Jeff
PeterLe

Hi Jeff
There is already a thread open:-

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4145

You have the option to click on Practice Mode when you are presented with the Betangel log in screen (under your user name)

Regards
Peter
Iron

Hi Peter

I saw that thread, but no-one had encountered that problem, so I thought I'd open a new thread in 'Support'. :)

I get presented with the attached log in screen.

I installed the new version whilst Bet Angel was running - Could that have messed things up?

Thanks

Jeff
PeterLe wrote:Hi Jeff
There is already a thread open:-

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4145

You have the option to click on Practice Mode when you are presented with the Betangel log in screen (under your user name)

Regards
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

That log in is showing 1.27.3, you need to download 1.28
Iron

D'oh! I knew I was missing something obvious! :roll:

Thanks Peter

Jeff
Euler wrote:That log in is showing 1.27.3, you need to download 1.28
flowerpotmen

Warning,This is wonderful, have had hours of fun playing alongside my normal trading, but have just received a hugh data usage charge from betfair.
Iron

If you send them a grovelling apology, they'll probably waive the charge, if my experience is anything to go by.

Jeff
flowerpotmen wrote:Warning,This is wonderful, have had hours of fun playing alongside my normal trading, but have just received a hugh data usage charge from betfair.
flowerpotmen

Thanks will try that, I just misunderstood how it worked did not want anyone else getting caught out.
Iron

I suggested to Betfair that they make it so that their customers are automatically prevented from going over the data request limit, but they rejected the idea...

Jeff
flowerpotmen wrote:Thanks will try that, I just misunderstood how it worked did not want anyone else getting caught out.
flowerpotmen

I understand about not running 2 angels but just thought that I was not putting in real bets that they would not be able to see me. I am struggling to see how it works, very clever design.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Sorry if you have been caught out by this but, as mentioned on the thread, if you plead to Betfair about the charge they will let you off unless you consistently run up the charge.

The practice mode is basically just like using Betfair for real, including the calls you make to Betfair, but it just does the bet matching process locally. So it will use less calls but it will still call and use market data from Betfair to do the bet matching process.

We did try to make it clear that the practice mode would call Betfair and incur data charges so hopefully these posts will re-iterate that.
Alpha322

Bet Angel wrote:Sorry if you have been caught out by this but, as mentioned on the thread, if you plead to Betfair about the charge they will let you off unless you consistently run up the charge.

The practice mode is basically just like using Betfair for real, including the calls you make to Betfair, but it just does the bet matching process locally. So it will use less calls but it will still call and use market data from Betfair to do the bet matching process.

We did try to make it clear that the practice mode would call Betfair and incur data charges so hopefully these posts will re-iterate that.
This mode is really great, i was one of the members that called for it which i saw on another software set up which tempted me to jump BA ship to use, but i said to myself sit tight and wait BA will develop it, same as when most of us trade patience. But yesterday it caught me out and took a chunk of my account well not a great deal but 15% of it. I was trading on the US markets using a system that has a good edge on the UK markets thinking i was on Practice mode. (and it was working with some nice green ups) The race jumped and yes if the favourite would of won i would of being a happy trader, when i realised the orange band was not at the top, you could imagine how i felt as i have no interest in raw gambling.
So Peter and team can you include a sound file that says THIS EVENT WILL START IN 60 SECONDS AND YOU ARE IN PRACTICE MODE. THIS EVENT WILL START IN 30 SECONDS AND YOU ARE IN PRACTICE MODE, right down to last second. When you trade your mindset is focussed on what you are looking for, settings and things you adjust as you go along
Alpha322

flowerpotmen wrote:Warning,This is wonderful, have had hours of fun playing alongside my normal trading, but have just received a hugh data usage charge from betfair.
Dont use two copies , i have used one or the other :|
flowerpotmen

I appreciate it was my mistake just wanted to warn others.

Return to “Support”