VPS Date/Time, Help!

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
Nero Tulip

I'm having issues with the clock on my VPS. It's a full 4 minutes ahead of my PC (my PC being as far as I can tell, the correct time). And it's getting very slowing faster I think, it used to be around 3 minutes.

I've tried updating the time via the internet as usual, it says it updates - but the time remains the same. To double check, I also update the time on my PC, this updates and also stays the same..

I'm running guardian restricted refresh operated excel sheets, and slowly I have had to reduce down the amount of time pre-off for the sheet to begin refreshing. I'm now starting it off with 1 second to spare, this is still 2 minutes ahead of where I'd like it, but guardian doesnt allow minus numbers.

Can anyone help me update the time to the right time ?
Euler

Send a note to support and they can unlink the time to the main server.
Nero Tulip

Thanks Euler, done.
Nero Tulip

Still no reply from support on this, been 20 hours or so, I guess the weekend slows things down..

:?:
PeterLe

Hi NT

I've had this problem and I had the virtual server clock de coupled from the system clock and it works fine...

I also have a VPS direct with tagadab and although they say they have decoupled the clock I still get the same problem as you from time to time (no pun intended!)

If you click on the time in the bottom right hand corner, open the properties, then click on Internet time and try synching with time.windows.com....sometimes it takes ages then finally comes up with an error message. Click the drop down menu and choose something different such as time.nist.gov.click update now. THEN reselect time.windows.com and click update now...it should resync to time.com this second time, i dont know why but it works for me

It might get you back on track today until BA can sort it permanent for you
Regards
Peter
Nero Tulip

Thanks Peter,

I went through just as you said, even got the error on the windows time thing, exactly as you suggested and it worked after returning to it. Sadly, it's still 4 minutes fast, so my sheets are out of sync still.. hopefully BA can decouple me later on. Will update here again if I continue to hear nothing.

Cheers.
PeterLe

Ok sorry mate was worth a try..I'm sure the BA support guys will solve quickly tomorrow
By the way, i've often thought it would be good to be able to set the guardian switch time by a negative number too...
On days where there are races every five mins, it would be good to be able to set it to minus 20 or whatever (assuming that would be an appropriate time for your strategy)..that way it gives you a better chance of achieving a green screen before switching to another market
Having said that I know you can set the clock to 20 secs slow, but it would be good to be able to do it from guardian..

Return to “Support”