Coronavirus - A pale horse,4 men and ....beer

A place to discuss anything.
alexmr2

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:16 am
I've asked you about 10 times and I will again. What qualifications do you have that make you feel people will take notice of your statements?
I done 2 subjects;

A grade D in geography for "almost" being right that the Suez canal is in Iceland.
An grade D for english
An grade E for maths.

But I'm sure I would get a grade C in GCSE art for my painting of a volcano.
IMG_20210330_073126_889 (1).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:43 am
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:16 am
I've asked you about 10 times and I will again. What qualifications do you have that make you feel people will take notice of your statements?
I done 2 subjects;

A grade D in geography for "almost" being right that the Suez canal is in Iceland.
An grade D for english
An grade E for maths.

But I'm sure I would get a grade C in GCSE art for my painting of a volcano.

IMG_20210330_073126_889 (1).jpg
That's actually 3 subjects, which probably explains your grade for maths. ;)
alexmr2

There's some irony in that the thread about the deadliest virus ever has almost made it to 4000 posts over the last year without anyone dying
Derek27

alexmr2 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:01 pm
There's some irony in that the thread about the deadliest virus ever has almost made it to 4000 posts over the last year without anyone dying
Without anyone on the forum dying?
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:59 pm
alexmr2 wrote:
true - .. sh!t, was gonna make a joke, but probably we have lost a few :(

hats off/lowered to those we may not realise have disappeared.
greenmark

jimibt wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:23 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:59 pm
alexmr2 wrote:
true - .. sh!t, was gonna make a joke, but probably we have lost a few :(

hats off/lowered to those we may not realise have disappeared.
Well said. There are some contributors that have gone very quiet. I hope that's choice rather than fate.
Derek27

I wasn't sure if he meant nobody in the world has died of covid, it's hard to tell with Alex.

Given that many here are in their 50s, 60s and 70s we probably have lost a few. :(
Kai

alexmr2 wrote:
Let's hope you don't learn the real meaning of irony if you lose a family member after making 250 posts about how harmless Covid is.

And let's hope nobody gets triggered by such a callous post, I know a couple that just might, and there is no doubt many more.

There's a clear difference between ignorance and stupidity Alex, and youth is a poor excuse for either.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:15 am
alexmr2 wrote:
Let's hope you don't learn the real meaning of irony if you lose a family member after making 250 posts about how harmless Covid is.

And let's hope nobody gets triggered by such a callous post, I know a couple that just might, and there is no doubt many more.

There's a clear difference between ignorance and stupidity Alex, and youth is a poor excuse for either.
Good to see you're back Kai. I'm beginning to think Alex is deliberately trying to provoke, as his spins have got dafter and he's running out of new ideas.
ShaunWhite

alexmr2 wrote:
4000 posts by perhaps 40 people, that's a sample size of approx 0.00006% of the population or 1 in 1½million people. My family has lost 1 (60yo and otherwise well), so scale that up using your yardstick of the forum... maybe those 40 know 40 people each on avg, that's 1,600 people canvased. That's 1 in 1,600 known to be lost, scale that up to 60,000,000 and it's an estimated toll of 37,500. Not spot on but the right magnitude and there could be many more people lost but posters chose not to mention it, as I hadn't.

You've highlighted something that proves yourself wrong, so that's Game Over Player 1 ?

Have you thought of any prop bets you want yet?
alexmr2

Kai wrote:
alexmr2 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear anyone's personal circumstances but unfortunately this is how sentiment and emotion skews opinions.

On the surface it may come across as callous, but only because the Sage SPI-B behavioural psychologist department has programmed everyone to think this way. When emotions are high there should be some logic injected. It's equally if not more callous to ignore the millions who missed cancer diagnoses including kids, diabetes, strokes and many other bigger killers, the significant rise in mental health and suicide amongst younger adults. These measures lead to decline in the elderly suffering from dementia and their immune systems in general, robbing many of their final couple of years to spend time with family. A massively disproportionate number of lives were ruined, all for a respiratory virus which replaced the flu and has an average death age of 83. Personally I rate the lives of millions of kids being destroyed socially, mentally, financially more important than trying to stop the inevitable with those aged over average life expectancy who already lived a good life.

In the UK the NHS was never overwhelmed but decisions were made to cancel and delay treatments which is where most of the excess deaths have came from (people at home). Nightingale Hospitals opened very quickly at the beginning of April 2020 but were never used. Retired doctors and nurses applications were ignored to run these simultaneously with normal hospitals but somehow they decided to allow the bigger killers to continue and refuse treatment to those people.

There is a much bigger agenda here and the saving lives one does not have much logic to it, especially when those in power like Boris and Bill have population control agendas. My view is only to encourage people to look at the bigger picture and statistics which are becoming more obvious all the time instead of blindly following the narrative from an emotive perspective.

Just like when a new trader has loss aversion to losing money, it inadvertedly causes them to lose money. Similarly trying to avoid death, we are inadvertedly losing our lives.

Croatia is another good case study where measures were liberal for the vast majority of 2020, total death rate was within normal parameters and average death age was within 3.65% of average life expectancy.

On 22 March, Zagreb, the capital of Croatia, was hit by the strongest earthquake in 140 years, causing problems in the enforcement of social distancing measures set out by the Croatian government, as the country engaged in a period of lockdown in the later part of the first half of 2020. On 5 July, a parliamentary election was held in the country. In general, the country was mostly reopened during the 2020 summer tourist season.

Croatia Samples processed 1,539,232
Positive samples (total) 17.48%

Croatia - Historical Death Rate Data
Year Death Rate Growth Rate
2021 13.242 0.270%
2020 13.206 0.270%
2019 13.170 0.270%
2018 13.134 1.410%
2017 12.952 1.430%
2016 12.770 1.450%
2015 12.587 1.470%

Average Covid death age 75.3
Croatia/Life expectancy 78.07 years (2018)
Trader Pat

alexmr2 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:24 am
Kai wrote:
alexmr2 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear anyone's personal circumstances but unfortunately this is how sentiment and emotion skews opinions.

Generally I find most of what you say pretty harmless because I think you say most of it just to provoke a reaction that's why I choose not to respond to most of it but I think you're really crossing a line at this stage, as has been pointed out already some people on the forum have lost friends or relatives because of this virus and maybe even some forumites may be lost too.

For the record Alex I don't think you're ignorant or stupid I just think you're a troll. You're talking points aren't unique or insightful they're just recycled BS that's all over the internet. You don't have anything original to say you're just parroting certain sections of the media and to 'prove' your theories you post links to nutter's on YouTube.

I doubt if this is the only forum you frequent so you're probably a full time troll who spends his days and nights on numerous forums. If that's the case you really should get a life or get laid every now and then. Unless of course you're one of those incels? That would explain a lot.

To everyone else on the forum I would say just ignore him, if nobody responds to him he'll probably get sick of talking nonsense to himself.
jimibt

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:00 pm
alexmr2 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:24 am
Kai wrote:

Generally I find most of what you say pretty harmless because I think you say most of it just to provoke a reaction that's why I choose not to respond to most of it but I think you're really crossing a line at this stage, as has been pointed out already some people on the forum have lost friends or relatives because of this virus and maybe even some forumites may be lost too.

For the record Alex I don't think you're ignorant or stupid I just think you're a troll. You're talking points aren't unique or insightful they're just recycled BS that's all over the internet. You don't have anything original to say you're just parroting certain sections of the media and to 'prove' your theories you post links to nutter's on YouTube.

I doubt if this is the only forum you frequent so you're probably a full time troll who spends his days and nights on numerous forums. If that's the case you really should get a life or get laid every now and then. Unless of course you're one of those incels? That would explain a lot.

To everyone else on the forum I would say just ignore him, if nobody responds to him he'll probably get sick of talking nonsense to himself.
agreed - the worst echo chamber for a troll is that one where he is in there alone!!
alexmr2

Trader Pat wrote:
I doubt if this is the only forum you frequent so you're probably a full time troll who spends his days and nights on numerous forums. If that's the case you really should get a life or get laid every now and then.
That would be advocating spreading the virus.

You can work out your strike rate for each market with this simple chart. Some people just need to put emotions aside and trust the stats if they want to see the truth, but most don't seem to want to see it
IMG_20210331_112016_343.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trader Pat

alexmr2 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:09 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
I doubt if this is the only forum you frequent so you're probably a full time troll who spends his days and nights on numerous forums. If that's the case you really should get a life or get laid every now and then.
That would be advocating spreading the virus.

You can work out your strike rate for each market with this simple chart. Some people just need to put emotions aside and trust the stats if they want to see the truth, but most don't seem to want to see it

IMG_20210331_112016_343.jpg

I'll say one more thing to you before I take my own advice

You've just proved my point by posting something that originated from a Twitter account with 'partQ' in its handle and which has been since suspended from Twitter, I wonder why!

Maybe I was wrong about you Alex, maybe you are an idiot.

Return to “General discussion”