HI ALL

A place to discuss anything.
Post Reply
User avatar
Realrocknrolla
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:15 pm

Hi all,

Been a while! How is everyone? Are all the usual suspects still knocking around? Hope you’re all well.

I’ve still been keeping an eye on Peter’s videos and have been actively trading away in the background at weekends, but if I’m honest, most of my time has been swallowed up by my own business lately.

Is Paul still about? And more importantly, is Memphis still posting his cryptic greyhound messages and screenshots trying to get a bite out of everyone? 😂

Apparently us ex-squaddies are all being lined up for a pretend war in 2027 as well… although looking at the way the world is going, I’m not entirely convinced the “pretend” bit is going to last! 😂

Anyway, just thought I’d pop my head back in and say hello.

Hope everyone’s doing well and still taking a few quid out of the markets.

All the best,

M
User avatar
ForFolksSake
Posts: 1308
Joined: Sat May 11, 2024 2:51 pm

Realrocknrolla wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 17, 2026 4:32 pm
Hi all,

Been a while! How is everyone? Are all the usual suspects still knocking around? Hope you’re all well.

I’ve still been keeping an eye on Peter’s videos and have been actively trading away in the background at weekends, but if I’m honest, most of my time has been swallowed up by my own business lately.

Is Paul still about? And more importantly, is Memphis still posting his cryptic greyhound messages and screenshots trying to get a bite out of everyone? 😂

Apparently us ex-squaddies are all being lined up for a pretend war in 2027 as well… although looking at the way the world is going, I’m not entirely convinced the “pretend” bit is going to last! 😂

Anyway, just thought I’d pop my head back in and say hello.

Hope everyone’s doing well and still taking a few quid out of the markets.

All the best,

M
... welcome back
... Apparently us ex-squaddies are all being lined up for a pretend war in 2027 as well… although looking at the way the world is going, I’m not entirely convinced the “pretend” bit is going to last! ...
... yeah ... army said they are looking to 'call up' veterans in case war break's out

... i think they should train up all the 'illegal' immigrants they are housing in all the military bases around the country ... perfect 🌤️
Last edited by ForFolksSake on Thu Sep 17, 2026 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
alexmr2
Posts: 776
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:32 am

Unfortunately we lost a couple of good members since your last post in March 2025

The forum also seems to be quieter than previous years which often leaves me wondering what are other people are up to these days and if there are more or less people trading overall?
User avatar
Realrocknrolla
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:15 pm

ForFolksSake wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 17, 2026 5:02 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 17, 2026 4:32 pm
Hi all,

Been a while! How is everyone? Are all the usual suspects still knocking around? Hope you’re all well.

I’ve still been keeping an eye on Peter’s videos and have been actively trading away in the background at weekends, but if I’m honest, most of my time has been swallowed up by my own business lately.

Is Paul still about? And more importantly, is Memphis still posting his cryptic greyhound messages and screenshots trying to get a bite out of everyone? 😂

Apparently us ex-squaddies are all being lined up for a pretend war in 2027 as well… although looking at the way the world is going, I’m not entirely convinced the “pretend” bit is going to last! 😂

Anyway, just thought I’d pop my head back in and say hello.

Hope everyone’s doing well and still taking a few quid out of the markets.

All the best,

M
... welcome back
... Apparently us ex-squaddies are all being lined up for a pretend war in 2027 as well… although looking at the way the world is going, I’m not entirely convinced the “pretend” bit is going to last! ...
... yeah ... army said they are looking to 'call up' veterans in case war break's out

... i think they should train up all the 'illegal' immigrants they are housing in all the military bases around the country ... perfect 🌤️
I always used to think that people using BetAngel could run the country with ideas and practices. I stand by that.

I will clearly be telling them to give me two bionic knees and sort out my tinnitus before I don a bergen again...🤣🤣🤣
User avatar
Realrocknrolla
Posts: 1916
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:15 pm

alexmr2 wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 17, 2026 6:03 pm
Unfortunately we lost a couple of good members since your last post in March 2025

The forum also seems to be quieter than previous years which often leaves me wondering what are other people are up to these days and if there are more or less people trading overall?
That's a shame... May I ask who? RIP
User avatar
Kai
Posts: 7410
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:21 pm

Realrocknrolla wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 17, 2026 7:15 pm
alexmr2 wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 17, 2026 6:03 pm
Unfortunately we lost a couple of good members since your last post in March 2025

The forum also seems to be quieter than previous years which often leaves me wondering what are other people are up to these days and if there are more or less people trading overall?
That's a shame... May I ask who? RIP
Sadly, Derek and Sionascaig have passed away.

The community has been quite hit by this as you'd expect, and forum activity has really dropped off ever since. Hopefully things will recover some day, but they will definitely be missed.

(Can't hyperlink to their memorial threads so will post a text link below instead, I assume admins removed the hyperlink feature to combat spam.)

Derek's thread : https://forum.betangel.com/viewtopic.php?t=30859
Sionascaig's thread : https://forum.betangel.com/viewtopic.php?t=31309

Hope you are keeping well yourself
User avatar
Kai
Posts: 7410
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:21 pm

alexmr2 wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 17, 2026 6:03 pm
The forum also seems to be quieter than previous years which often leaves me wondering what are other people are up to these days and if there are more or less people trading overall?
Less people trading for sure, which will obviously impact forum activity as well. I think it's a myriad of factors, roughly in this order:

- Derek was the main post seeder
- daily banter and strategy talk moving to more convenient platforms like Discord
- BF leaving country after country
- liquidity and edge decay over time
- lack of fresh blood/newbies
- forum's racing bias
- rise of prediction markets
- affordability checks

Can only speak for myself though. I'm not a Bet Angel user so don't have much in common with others, and honestly there's not much incentive to post without Derek.

Think I may have suggested some forum upgrades or alternatives couple years ago, can't remember what exactly anymore, it's probably in the suggestion section. But honestly, I have no idea really how phpBB communities can move forward and thrive, some challenging years ahead because of all the factors above. It's probably getting a bit archaic for the younger generations.
Post Reply

Return to “General discussion”