Today's Horse Racing
good idea about Fav SP I'll factor it in, after some thought, this will get me most of the way there:Morrid4 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 9:13 amTrack maybe but I would have thought volume and ideally liquidity in previous 10 mins would be better indicators than anything. Markets can trade differently at different times of the day/week but it doesn't always hold true. Clashes with the previous race on a Saturday being an obvious example.eightbo wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 3:16 amWhat would be a good approach to define a max. stake size based on the specific race which is about to go in-play?
I was thinking some combination of Track + 1st Place Prize Money [win] — thoughts/ideas/suggestions?
I could calibrate based on the first 10% of the race for the remaining 90% but ideally i'd set the value @ the jump and have it fixed across the entire race
I think the volume on the favourite and its overall impact on the rest of them (depending on your strategy) can also be key. A 1.7 fav getting a slow start is very different to 3 co favs trading around 4.5 and one of them is slow away.
1) Avg. 1s market vol. increase [logged 60s to 15s before off time] → 2) factor in Fav SP to output a normalised value for use
GPS data track list would be a good 3) but the list would need updating which is my only hesitation in adding that
Today's Arab Hcap @ Bath is a good example — it had a tiny fraction of the rest of the cards 1+2 values but in-play was still pretty busy IP due to being a TPD track. I did observe a marked reduction in avg. stake size in-play so ultimately i'll just run a min-max system to my stake size and use 1+2 above, should be about-right ty
